"My Pillow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered about them too. They sell them at Walmart for pretty cheap. For something that seems to simplistic,a good comfortable pillow is very hard to find.

Lots of pillows are nice when new. It's how they wear that matters.

Aren't "my pillows" full of little foam cubes that move around like feathers but bounce like sponges?

There are more helpful reviews on Amazon than you'll ever get here.

Me? I always sleep on my stomach and never put my head on a pillow. If anything, I'll put a pillow
over my head because I feel more comfortable that way. My headboard is metal rails and allows me to breathe.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Me? I always sleep on my stomach and never put my head on a pillow. If anything, I'll put a pillow
over my head because I feel more comfortable that way. My headboard is metal rails and allows me to breathe.

Do you not get back pain from sleeping on your stomach?

I find the "My Pillow" a bit over-stuffed. It is too high for me.
I do believe the "pillow industry" overfills pillows. This leaves you the option of removing some filling.

The buckwheat pillow (filled with buckwheat hulls) was also shipped overfilled.
There was a note which came with it advising purchasers to experiment.

I'm curious about these, but would have to be able to mess with one for a bit before trying one.
I use two high density foam pillows stacked, slight softer medium thickness one on top of a harder thin pillow. Always try to sleep on my side, it's more comfortable for me and I tend to snore when on my back. I have had zero tolerance for down pillows since I was a kid, just plain hate them. I also really like to sleep on the leather sofa up at our condo and use the low, wide armrest to rest my head on instead of a pillow.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Do you not get back pain from sleeping on your stomach?

Knock on wood, I've never had back pain in my life.

My GF bought one for her, me, and her dad. One by one I ended up with all of them lol. They didn't like them. I use the firmer stiffer one. Whats best is how they dissipate heat. Other than that they are "ok"

I bought a Brooklynn Bedding extra firm latex foam pillow; it's 7 inches high! If you want a pillow that doesn't sink in and stays lofty, get firm solid latex foam. Definitely not for everyone though - it's as close as you'll get to comfortably using a brick for a pillow. But that is what's comfortable to me.

Interesting. I am pretty picky on pillows though. Having been born without a C-1 vertabrae (atlas) I have to be careful.

Love mine. They come in different firmness levels and you need to make sure you get the right one for you. Wife hates my fire "mypillow" but loves her softer one.

It's a pillow with heavy marketing behind it. Take the marketing away, and it's no different than any other pillow on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It's a pillow with heavy marketing behind it. Take the marketing away, and it's no different than any other pillow on the shelf.

Pretty much true. It's shredded polyurethane foam. You can buy shredded poly foam or shredded memory foam pillows at Walmart and target for under 20 bucks. Maybe the Mypillow uses a very high grade of foam. I'd hope so for the $40 price!

You can find WAY better pillows for that price including shredded latex foam, if that's what you like.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Very nice padded liner but after that its different. The inside is some type of foam shaped square blocks. Washable also.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I find the "My Pillow" a bit over-stuffed. It is too high for me.

That's a problem I run into with pillows. I need a flat one.

Bought one a month ago, the premium Queen size Blue firm. Sent it back today due to it being noisy, gets pretty hot and doesn't cool, pretty much collapses after a few minutes of use.

I ordered through Amazon so the returns are easier. They tend to fight like the cable company when you buy direct and want to have them honor their warranty.

My folks won't leave home overnight without taking theirs with them. I guess I'm missing out on something big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back