Artificial Intelligence coming for your job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and its only the beginning.
Artificial intelligence is more scary, we may get to the point one day, where "they" think we are the virus and decide to get rid of us OR they do it with some less then nice people.
Lots of power and you can bet, everyone is trying to get their hands on it.

Right now we have quantum computers, deep under ground, teaching other quantum computers (programming them) and we do not fully understand the process and how the computers are doing it.

The top of the top tech people in this world (microsoft, apple, cisco type companies), even have said, they are surprised that the public is not showing more concern.
Concerned is correct, even reckless, we have allowed them and their companies into our lives, our homes in the forms of cameras, Amazon and Google assistants controlling everything we do, recording everything we say to them, cell phones know our locations every second of the day.

Heck I bet 95% or more of the public isnt even aware anyone with your gmail account information can look up where you and your Android phone has been since the day you signed up for that gmail account (unless you turned it off) by location, exact time and date. You can even search for the exact dates and times. All you have to do is log into your account and go to locations.
Tell someone you went some place but went some place else ?? *LOL* Your gmail account has exactly where you were at that time and day.

We give up our freedom and privacy for "free" stuff. We will do anything lazy, fat and dumb so we dont have to get off our butts to turn on the alarm system, or turn off the lights or adjust the thermostat or close the blinds or lock the doors or look up the weather so we allow google or Amazon to put a speaker in our homes at almost no cost and allow them access to everything that goes on in our homes and they are selling like crazy!
Good god ! *LOL* :eek:)

Last edited:
We are near the top of the bell shaped curve from the past vs the future. Tools have and are a great thing and have improved humanity. But we are at a point they will slowly start replacing humans which will lead to more unemployment. It's a catch 22 because you need people to work that can spend money to buy goods and services. The get educated excuse is meaningless as we could get to a point that few humans are needed to make things run in the world. It will be needed at first and those with such skills will make out.
To a point AI has and can further benefit humanity, but it can go too far which I'm betting it will which will put us slowly down the other side of the bell shaped curve.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Heck I bet 95% or more of the public isnt even aware anyone with your gmail account information can look up where you and your Android phone has been since the day you signed up for that gmail account (unless you turned it off) by location, exact time and date. You can even search for the exact dates and times. All you have to do is log into your account and go to locations.
Tell someone you went some place but went some place else ?? *LOL* Your gmail account has exactly where you were at that time and day.

Would you care to explain this further? Never knew about this. I can't find locations in my gmail. thanks

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
You'll still need plenty of people in the meantime to design, build, code and repair robots.

Nope. Only a select few.

What is everyone else going to be doing?

There are several metallurgical coal mines a few hours away. They have the super large coal trucks being driven by folks who make about $60,000 to $80,000 per year. The local community college has a course on getting certified to operate the trucks. The course costs about $4500. Funny thing is, all the newer trucks are equipped to become autonomous, with no drivers. The company is in discussions with the unions about how and when they flip the controls over to the computer. The union is fighting back of course, but it's inevitable. Rumors are, they will start retiring the older drivers, and not re-hire.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
You'll still need plenty of people in the meantime to design, build, code and repair robots.

Nope. Only a select few.

Sure, at some future point.... maybe. In the near-term there will still be a lot of human involvement. Someone posted on the forum, regarding their job experience, where a robot replaced a worker and then required two higher skilled employees to maintain it.

I hope I can afford to buy a couple robots. Maybe I can travel while they earn income for me
smile.gif

Last edited:

Nope. Only a select few.

Yes the one's that are not willing to go back to school and retrain. Been there done that. No one else wanted to be bothered. I kept working and they got laid off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
AI is a good thing for a better society.

How so?

They do have advantages, such as robotic equipment being used in surgery, manufacturing, etc.

What happens when a robot screws up due to a software glitch? Who is liable? If a robot replaces your job it won't be earning you money while you sit home, the company will own it.

While I think these are a long way off, they will only further separate the 1% and the 99%.

AI might replace some analysts jobs in my current field (law enforcement).. but I doubt will start seeing robots respond to domestic disturbances and other crimes.. serious ethical and moral dilemas that require critical thinking and compassion. I’m not too concerned about being replaced. A smaller force could come from AI, for instance automated traffic crash reporting and computers that analyze latent prints. I feel many fields will grow or stay the same as some people want the human factor. The biggest threat is still manufacturing jobs.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
There are several metallurgical coal mines a few hours away. They have the super large coal trucks being driven by folks who make about $60,000 to $80,000 per year. The local community college has a course on getting certified to operate the trucks. The course costs about $4500. Funny thing is, all the newer trucks are equipped to become autonomous, with no drivers. The company is in discussions with the unions about how and when they flip the controls over to the computer. The union is fighting back of course, but it's inevitable. Rumors are, they will start retiring the older drivers, and not re-hire.

Educating people for positions that don't or won't exist is about the hugest scam going on right now.

Followed by educating people for jobs that pay so little, they'll barely break even after years.

Followed by educating people for industries going downhill into the former two categories.

Nope. Only a select few.

If it gets as bad as you suggest, there will be no market to buy the products built by AI.

This assumes that the competition survived.

With their robots (slaves. Robot literally means slave), the human workforce would be worthless and powerless. Lacking alternative for purchase of consumer products, the majority unemployed would be reduced to being a desperate peasant; without any choice of where to shop.

Resources would be moving to the top of the pyramid at an unbelievable rate. The bottom would be way down there in the mud.

North America would basically look like North Korea.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
What happens when a robot screws up due to a software glitch? Who is liable?
This has been going on for years. Plenty of precedent. If the machine screws up, the makers and/or operators are liable. Same old thing. Take a look at autopilot "robots" that land an airliner for you, all the way to touchdown. You can bet the makers will be sued if a software glitch causes problems, even when the FAA has certified it to CatIIIB....

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
While I think these are a long way off, they will only further separate the 1% and the 99%.
Very true. Robots have and will continue to replace manual labor. Notice all the welding robots in car plants? I first saw them back in 1983 in a K-car plant. Same old story now, just more of it.

Take a brainiac robot, and combine it with one that can fight, and you have something dangerous:

terminator-genisys-endoskeleton-sixth-scale-hot-toys-thumb-902662.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back