Anyone have a 18 Accord or 18 Camry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been eyeing the 18 Accord
with the 2.0T and wondering if anyone has grabbed one. Since the MDX is gone I have been looking to replace it in the coming months. My worry is it’s a new everything car (engine transmission etc...) I don’t care for the Camrys higher priced V-6 I do like the sporty look though. I know the Camry also has a new transmission for this year. I haven’t test driven either yet. Want some opinions if you have either one.

I wouldn't worry about the engine.

It's the newest generation of K20, which is a differently (downgraded) tuned version of the engine from FK8 Type-R.

Cant give you specifics about the 18 accord however I sold my 2015 Accord sedan 3 months ago and it was the best sedan that I have ever owned. Great drive, comfy ride, and responsive engine.

I recently rented a 2017 camry for a long weekend, engine was smooth but seats weren't as comfy as the accord especially in the rear and overall interior quality was 1 step behind the honda.

I have a 2012 EX-L V6 Accord and it is by far the best vehicle of the 25 I have owned over the years. It has been flawless since day one, 6 years ago. I'll keep it for many more years and then probably replace it with another Accord.

Don't have a dog in this fight at all and would likely never own any of them but I think the new Accord is the best looking yet. The Camry is overstyled to me and just seems kinda sci-fi.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
I recently rented a 2017 camry for a long weekend, engine was smooth but seats weren't as comfy as the accord especially in the rear and overall interior quality was 1 step behind the honda.

He's asking about the 2018 Camry, all new redesign for 2018.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
The new Accord looks like it got it's styling cues from the Chevy Impala.

The profile sure does, that's probably why I like it!

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Don't have a dog in this fight at all and would likely never own any of them but I think the new Accord is the best looking yet. The Camry is overstyled to me and just seems kinda sci-fi.

Do you get that throaty exhaust with the Camry, commercials sounds like a race car.
crackmeup2.gif

Motor Trend recently reviewed the 2018 Accord vs the 2018 Camry gave the Accord 7 out of 8 points,in summery stated Toyota built a better Camry , but Honda built a better car!

If you care about the drive the '18 Accord is batting 1.000 against the Camry in reviews. It seems everything coming from Honda's Global Compact Platform (Civic, CR-V, Accord) is excellent to drive. I can attest in the case of the Civic as my stepdad just got a new one and it's fantastic. Not to mention that the interior of the new Accord looks like it could pass for an Audi.

Take them for a test ride and if needed see if you can rent them for some personal seat time if in doubt as to which one workd the best . I would go for the 4 cyls .

I love both the new Accord and Camry. A new red Accord would be SWEET!! The more I drive my Honda the more I love it.

Honda if you're reading this,bring back the Accord coupe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back