M1 0W-20 11,000 OCI 15 Corolla 2ZR-FE 51,000 Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,
Was pretty skeptical of the 10K factory OCI recommendation when my father bought this Corolla. Did this analysis to actually see how it was doing. Looks like I have nothing to worry about.

Looks great! Doesn't get much better than that. Very boring report which is a good thing. I'd prob keep it to 10k since that's what the manufacturer recommends.

Nice report, but with the calcium (way too high) and magnesium (way too low) levels this oil is almost surely not Mobil1 0w-20.

Originally Posted By: Danh
Nice report, but with the calcium (way too high) and magnesium (way too low) levels this oil is almost surely not Mobil1 0w-20.

Agreed...
But still a great report, OP.

I checked my TGMO UOA 0w20 and the calcium was 2115, magnesium 19, moly 28. So that prob isn't it either. Hmmm.....

You guys are probably right. I could have sworn it was Mobil 1, but it seems I was mistaken. It has been awhile since I did this. For my next one I made sure to write down what I used and put it in the oil sample bottle. Thanks guys!

That's a pretty clean running engine. Good results for whatever oil that is. Haha.

Originally Posted By: Artem
That's a pretty clean running engine. Good results for whatever oil that is. Haha.

It's probably SuperTech oil from walmart!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Artem

It's probably SuperTech oil from walmart!

Curious minds want to know! Are you a 100% certain or could it Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline or something else? Any of those ring a bell?

Still 80 % certain it was Mobil 1. Not sure which color bottle though. I just changed it and dumped PP High Mileage 0W-20 in. Ill do a UOA when 10K is up in a few months
grin.gif
Then I will be exactly sure.

Originally Posted By: nicklx
Still 80 % certain it was Mobil 1. Not sure which color bottle though. I just changed it and dumped PP High Mileage 0W-20 in. Ill do a UOA when 10K is up in a few months
grin.gif
Then I will be exactly sure.

Could it be

that has very little Mg ?

Last edited:
That's my thought exactly.
It is Mobil 0W-20, but probably not M1.
Either way, if this was MSS, that would be the goto for this engine.
Hard to see anything doing any better.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
6 ppm isn't an additive, it's a residue.

A few years ago, they used more, around 40 ppm I think.
It appears they now use around 6 to 10 ppm Ti now, enough to keep their marketing claims of "with Ti" intact.
Up to around 100 ppm is known to be effective. There is a tiny benefit to 6-10 ppm we might assume.

For comparison, the new Shell Multi-Vehicle 5w30 has about 3 ppm of moly. That doesn't seem like enough to do squat.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
That's my thought exactly.
It is Mobil 0W-20, but probably not M1.
Either way, if this was MSS, that would be the goto for this engine.
Hard to see anything doing any better.

Yes, that XM grp 3 synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back