Beck Arnley Motor Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know the story of B/A. Used to sell surplus OEM and OEM quality stuff almost exclusively. Now a reboxer selling both OEM quality and junk with no way of predicting what you will get. Was considering buying a B/A motor mount but read many bad reviews on my Toyota forums. One Amazon reviewer said the mount in his B/A box had an Anchor label on it.

Was wondering if any of you have purchased any B/A motor mounts recently. Did they last?

You can call BA with a part number and get the country of origin. Did that for my LR3 control arms this summer and they were British made, so I know they'll be as bad as the OEM ones.
smile.gif
(they're seriously good though)

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
You can call BA with a part number and get the country of origin. Did that for my LR3 control arms this summer and they were British made, so I know they'll be as bad as the OEM ones.
smile.gif
(they're seriously good though)

Thx, already asked and waiting for their response.

I could be one of those on the Toyota forums. I put 4 new B/A motor and trans mounts from RockAuto into my 265K miles, jiggly '02 Camry (2AZ-FE) in November, '16, and it still jiggled. Ponied up for new OEM mounts and removal/replacement of the B/A mounts (< 200 miles on them) and the vibrations went aeay completely. Of the B/A mounts, 2 were Chinese-made and 2 were Indonesia-made. The OEMs: 2 were Japan-made, and 2 were US-made. My takeaway: Some bits just can't be reverse-engineered with a 3-D scanner. Some Chinese and Indo stuff is fine, but these were not. I don't know that any of the aftermarket mounts would've been better, or worse. I've used Anchors on previous vehicles, and they worked fine, but I don't know how they would've done with this Camry.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money. B&A had a good reputation years ago but now they sell some good stuff along with some real rubbish that isn't worth the price of the postage.
There are only a few decent aftermarket engine mount manufacturers eg Corteco, Boge, and a couple of others and none of them are cheap just a little less expensive than OE and most are for Euro cars. US and Asian go with OE.

http://www.corteco.com/en/press/press-re...chmarking-test/

Last edited:
Thanks guys for confirming what I already knew. About 10 years ago I got some KYB strut mounts made in either India or Indonesia. They were pure junk. Didn’t bother installing, just shelled out extra bucks for OEM. Will do the same here. Right now RA is attempting to cancel my order. If they cant, I will eat the return shipping and not look back.

B/A says the front mount for my car (104-1692) is made in Taiwan. I just shelled out an extra $120 for OEM. Probably big mistake on 99 grocery getter. Oh well, ya can’t take it with you.

Last edited:
Its still the way to go IMHO, the difference in some mounts I have done was over $300 between aftermarket and OE.
The aftermarket got changed a few times in a short time before breaking down and spending the money for the OE, all that aggravation and labor thrown out the window to get right back were I was 6 mo before. No savings there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back