Spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here using Spectrum for their broadband service? Ours went out Friday, and I can connect now, but it's running extremely slow. Something still isn't right with their connection speed. Have you ever seen a repair take this long...it's been out/slow for almost 36 hours now...

I left Spectrum when they were Time Warner Cable (TWC) for just these sort of reasons. Speeds consistently far below the subscribed tier, high latency, techs that couldn't fix it. Case in point, the coax cable going into the TWC (Spectrum) box on side of my house is bent into a sharp 90 degree angle. Anyone who knows broadband KNOWS you do not bend coax more than what it would bend around a coffee can (common rule of thumb). If that tight of a 90 deg is needed, you use an RG6 90 deg adapter.

Started with Charter triple play for 90 for cable, internet, and phone.
After 2 years, went to over 200. No change in service or delivery method, and the updated menu screen promised for 8 months was never introduced. Maximum download speed tested by Ookla was never more than 60, even hooked directly to the modem.
Took all the hardware back to the local office on 12-14. I just got another bill from them. The local office never put in a disconnect order. Charter is a hot mess, providing a substandard, not as advertised level of service, and with poor front line employees.

Posting here is not going to do you any good.

YOU NEED TO CALL THEM !!!!
or do the Chat.

While at it, ask for credit on your monthly billing for this issue.

They cannot fix what they don't know.

Last edited:
Spectrum took over TWC and ruined the service in my region. I think they might be in transition, but that's not excuse for the outages in my region.

Last year Spectrum took over for TWC in my area. My price dropped and my internet is faster. In fact, I'm promised 60mbs and I average 60-100mbs. I'm also pleased with the Spectrum Roku app. Service has been extremely reliable although it was also with TWC. I'm very happy with Spectrum.

It is pretty stable at home now. But they did run a new buried cable this summer. I have learned to verify speed with speed test and power cycle modem/router and restart computer. Most of the time that is all I need.

We also use it at work in houses and apartments set up by our IT department. I check speed test when I arrive. Sometimes just need to restart computer.

I agree with calling. I have called them many times more about TV poor picture at one apartment on Fridays. In my experience they just keep getting better as they build better infrastructure.

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
Posting here is not going to do you any good.

YOU NEED TO CALL THEM !!!!
or do the Chat.

While at it, ask for credit on your monthly billing for this issue.

They cannot fix what they don't know.

+1

Same thing happened here over the holidays, it was out half a day and after it came back on it was on and off for minutes at a time, not sure if i’s a coincidence but the next business day is when it was back to normal so maybe holiday or weekend they fix it best they can and then if there’s still problems they fix it properly when eveyone is back to work.

used to have TW and the constant buffering was a pain. Couldnt watch a netflix show without it buffering several times. calling tech support was a joke lucky if they could show up within 5 days. techs were clueless all they did was change out routers for another used router. Was so glad when Windstream came to town and we dropped TW like a bad habit and never looked back. Now they have a new name Spectum, but they are the same crooks with a new coat of paint. A quick google search reveals tons of complaints about Spectrum. Other providers suck too, but at least with windstream we have the speed to never have buffering when trying to use the PC. i would not wish spectrum on my enemies.

I would say if you have another internet provider drop spectrum. Of course some places do not have much competition. Where i am we have Spectrum/TW, windstream, Allo, and internet Nebraska. any of them are better than Spectrum. I dumped TW years ago when windstream came it. Competition was expected to make TW up it's game but it didnt now they are Spectrum and still bad.

I've had their service since we moved here in '04. Back then it was called Road Runner, then became TWC, and now Spectrum. This is actually the first problem we've had from them since '04. For the one suggesting I contact them...I did, and they said they knew about the outage and were working on it. It appears to be fully restored now. It was out for close to 48 hours...

Spectrum is the only cable service in our city. About fifty per cent of the time, my screen comes on pink and Spectrum has been unable to fix the problem. Of course when I get them to come out, the *&^^% TV comes on with nice picture, never comes on pink. Next time I turn set on, you guessed it, PINK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back