2019 Silverado and Ranger pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
These just popped up on MSN.com/auto:

Ranger Designed and engineered in Oz. Like it.

Silverado More Robotruck front end. Not sure about the pronounced sweep off of the front wheel wells, need to see it in person but not crazy about the look.

Interesting reaction for me as I'm a GM truck guy. What do you think?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
These just popped up on MSN.com/auto:

Ranger Designed and engineered in Oz. Like it.

Silverado More Robotruck front end. Not sure about the pronounced sweep off of the front wheel wells, need to see it in person but not crazy about the look.

Interesting reaction for me as I'm a GM truck guy. What do you think?

When I see the first Silverado pic, I thought it was a Ford. Is GM going with the mentality of if you can't beat them join them?

The Silverado looks like a Tundra and F150 had a baby. And the white WT trim level really looks like a Ford. I'm also not a fan of the side view mirrors. Mount them on the window and make them bigger!

The Ranger looks cool, I like it as much as I do a Canyon/Colorado but the interior really looks awesome. Ford interiors lately have looked really nice I think.

Last edited:
It looks like ford and GM made a pact where the ranger looks like a colorado and the silverado looks like an F150.

I like the idea of the 2.3l ecoboost in a truck. That engine seems to have an ideal powercurve for a small pickup

I go to Mexico reguarly so I have seen the Ranger countless times. It looks rather fragile. Just wait until Toyota decides to bring the Hilux and Nissan brings the NP300 and crash the compact ute market

Last edited:
The chrome front end on the blue LT at the show reminds me of the 99-00 style front end. The openings in the front end dump into the wheelwell and according to GM account for a decent aero advantage. The brown high country and the red trailboss were the only ones that you were allowed to look inside or sit in.

Too bad they didn't make the NR (New Ranger) in Aluminum.

I recently sold my 2003 as the winters here in NE PA were not kind to it.

Is it just me or are all the full size trucks more or less starting to look the same?

I guess weekend warriors like the Urban Assault Vehicle look.

I've driven the UK version of the Ranger with the diesel. It's a great truck, even thought he steering wheel was on the wrong side! However you know why Ford said there "wasn't a market". Like the Colorado/Canyon, it's pretty close in size to the full size trucks, and the stickers are close or even more too. The fleet business for the C/C, Tacoma, and even the Frontier is pretty strong, and too much to walk away from though.

I think back though when I bought new in 1987 a Ranger reg cab, 2wd, 2.3 4 cyl, 5 spd, and air, out the door for $6500. My first new vehicle purchase.

The Ranger doesn't look as bad as the rumors made it sound. Looks like it will compete well with the Tacoma size and feature-wise.

The Silverado is one ugly truck. Ever since 2005 or so they have been getting uglier every year.

I still think that in the early to mid 2000s both Chevy and Ford had some really nice looking full size trucks. Now it is all about who can have the biggest chrome grill and emblem.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
The Ranger doesn't look as bad as the rumors made it sound. Looks like it will compete well with the Tacoma size and feature-wise.

The Silverado is one ugly truck. Ever since 2005 or so they have been getting uglier every year.

I still think that in the early to mid 2000s both Chevy and Ford had some really nice looking full size trucks. Now it is all about who can have the biggest chrome grill and emblem.

Yeah, Trucks are becoming "Bro-Bling"

I'm not a GM guy but the new Chevy isn't a looker.

I'm not feeling the '19 Ram 1500 either...

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

I agree. I fell in love with the 97 Sierra Z-71's so I purchased one and owned it for 12 years. In 2009 I purchased another Sierra but it didn't come close to the looks of my 97. Gone was a lot of chrome, which I liked. Soon after purchasing my 09, when the problems began around 5,000 km's (yes, 5,000 kms) I regretting getting rid of my 97!
mad.gif

I am also not liking this new one but I will hold judgement until I see one in person. Like I mentioned earlier, I thought it was a Ford at first, but I am glad to see they did away with those square fender wells.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: copcarguy
I'm not a GM guy but the new Chevy isn't a looker.

I'm not feeling the '19 Ram 1500 either...

I just went back and looked some more, and looked up the 19 Ram while I was at it.

So far, the Chev looks the nicest out of the 2 but until we see better pics of the Ram, I won't comment on it.

Ranger should have been all aluminum like the F150. No engine options at all? What if i want a 2.7 ecoboosted lariat? i think for midsize GM has it on lock. The silverado will no doubt impress.

Neither look good. I don't know what automotive designers in general have been thinking lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back