No S, R, or P and it still got locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what I mean? Even when a thread is not violating the site rules, it still gets closed....maybe the site rules should read " no sex, religion, or politics, and a topic may be closed for any reason, or for no reason...makes no sense...

Get over it and/or yourself. Mods can remove or lock posts as they see fit.

You CAN make your own message board or find one that is a free-for-all. Perhaps try that?

?

What do you hope to gain here?

I don't know what to what thread you are referring, but general incivility without RSP could be a cause for a lock.

The thread titled "Every time a thread get interesting, it's locked" was locked and it wasn't violating any site rules, and there was also no incivility...no reason to lock it...I would just like to know a clear cut set of rules, because there doesn't seem to be any....

Last edited:
Respectfully, why don't you PM the admins or site owner and ask for an explanation instead of publicly airing your grievance with people who have NO role in the decision making process?

Originally Posted By: grampi
See what I mean? Even when a thread is not violating the site rules, it still gets closed....maybe the site rules should read " no sex, religion, or politics, and a topic may be closed for any reason, or for no reason...makes no sense...

I would encourage you to go back and re-read this: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/944248/Forum_Rules#Post944248

The rule is more than just R/S/P.

For example, if you post something that is false, or inaccurate, you may be removed (rule 5). The moderators have final discretion (rule15).

You read and agreed to these rules when you signed up, but seem to have forgotten all the stipulations and instead focused on an oversimplification, R/S/P, of them. Your last thread, and this, clearly demonstrate that...

It's possible that someone posted something in violation that they deleted before you saw it, then closed the thread before more followed.

It was good of the mods to let a thread complaining about the mods go on for 5 pages.

If you insist that there was no 'P' in that thread, your reading comprehension is deficient.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Or, if you want to get simple, you are a guest in someone else's house.

This should apply to almost every situation.

But, society being what it is becoming, though......

I agree with you.

I also get tired of the "go start you own website" and "moderators can do what they wish" type attitudes. It makes for an aggravating site when one follows rules and is enjoying a robust conversation...and then the next thing you know it gets shut down. While it is a fact that none of us here run the site....as participants, we ARE the site. Without members, BITOG would not exist.

Maybe we should stick to which direction we hang toilet paper....what we call soft drinks.....or the worlds longest (and most boring thread)..."what music are you listening to right now"?

Maybe one just needs to educate them self on how to navigate life not always mad at the world, especially trivial matters on an internet social forum. That old saying still applies and is good advice:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I think what grampi and andrew are trying to say is this place is ruled like a facsist dictatorship.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Maybe one just needs to educate them self on how to navigate life not always mad at the world, especially trivial matters on an internet social forum. That old saying still applies and is good advice:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Of course this site is a "trivial matter". I don't think anybody is losing sleep over BITOG's moderation.

But be careful, that "old saying" could be interpreted as religion.

I won't mention any names but with some moderators it's all about power and control. Ever been banned for something that left you scratching your head in wonder?

Originally Posted By: maximus
I think what grampi and andrew are trying to say is this place is ruled like a facsist dictatorship.

My response to something like this would be that one is free to leave. (I won't tell you to start a forum because that just isn't possible for some and is an unrealistic suggestion.)

There's certain stores I don't shop at because I don't like their company policy. I don't go to the store and tell the employees that I don't like their store because of their policies and continue to frequent the place.

My .02. Not slamming anyone here. You all are awesome.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

My response to something like this would be that one is free to leave.

I’ve left quite a few times during my 10 year membership here.

1) It isn't.

2) You can run your site however you want.

3) Drawing comparisons to any political ideology or system of government is certainly 'P', so don't be surprised when this thread is locked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back