2006 Civic EX P0128 Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I was driving down the road and CEL came on my 06 Civic EX, after scanning the code it's P0128.

Usually temperature gauge on the ODO shows 3-4 dots on the highway and they rise once I am in stop and go traffic.

I think thermostat is stuck open and needs to be replaced. Anyone has any other ideas or advice? Thanks very much
thumbsup2.gif

Replacing the thermostat is exactly what you need to do in 99% of the cases with a P0128. The ECM has sensed that the car is not to operating temp in a given amount of time and you've proved it with the gauge.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
So today I was driving down the road and CEL came on my 06 Civic EX, after scanning the code it's P0128.

Usually temperature gauge on the ODO shows 3-4 dots on the highway and they rise once I am in stop and go traffic.

I think thermostat is stuck open and needs to be replaced. Anyone has any other ideas or advice? Thanks very much
thumbsup2.gif

How many miles on your civic?

Planning to go OEM. Could there be any other issue with software or sending sensor unit? Thank you.

I suppose but at that mileage, it sounds like the tstat is about worn out. Maybe if you had just replaced the tstat and still had that code maybe it's the coolant temp sensor.

Not sure why 2 part numbers? https://www.hondapartsnow.com/oem-honda-thermostat.html?Vin=2HGFG12896H575234&Filter=()

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Ones made by Fuji Seiko the other is a Nippon

Thanks, interesting on the web page it says both made by Fuji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back