Stant vs Mopar rad cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke the seal on my OEM cap this morning checking the level on my 05 Liberty. Ran to the dealer and they wanted $90 for it and didn't have it in stock. Stopped at a local chain store they recommended and got a Stant for $5, it's 16PSI like the OE one. Do I need to order a Mopar one or is the Stant good enough to stay?

No need for over priced OEM one, the Stant will be just fine. I tried to buy a dealer OEM Mopar oil filter (MO-349) for my Jeep Wrangler 3.6....$13.30. Nope. A NAPA Gold for $6.45 will do just fine.

WHAT?? $90 is insane. Mopar PN# 4596198 is $15 on Amazon. Your dealer must have hit the crazy button.

pepboys stant rad caps come with a 1 year warranty i believe. Gotta sign up when you buy it. I've never had someone bring it in, but it definitely beats having nothing. Most stores probably won't have a problem replacing it either as long as you have the receipt.

I don't know if it was that swollen, I thought it just broke from the cold and me kind of ripping it out. LOL

I bought one for my toyota on amazon that has a silicone seal that instead of rubber. Pt auto warehouse was the name. Made in japan. Great quality. Stopped my pink sline around the radiator neck. (Pink rad fluid leaking)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 14Accent
WHAT?? $90 is insane. Mopar PN# 4596198 is $15 on Amazon. Your dealer must have hit the crazy button.

^This. The $90 that was quoted must have been from my local Mopar/Ram dealer. I'd get a Mopar replacement online instead of a Stant, even though Stant is probably better than some of the other brands now found on RockAuto.

Originally Posted By: 14Accent

01.gif

Rock Auto has the Mopar cap for $13 with that same part number
smile.gif

Thanks for the help everyone! I ordered a Mopar one off eBay. Oddly the Rockauto and every other catalog lists a different one than what it had in it. Rockauto and others spec a 17 or 18PSI, the one in it is a 16 and it's been that way forever. Had a part number on it (mopar 05278697aa) so I figured that's the safest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back