Fiat moving next gen Ram HD truck from Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get a new truck in about a year when the current generation trucks are retired for the new ones, it will be between the Ram and Silverado. Glad to hear things are moving to MI from Mexico, it may sway my buying decision.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
ZERO possibility I would buy any truck built in Mexico.

0.0000000%

Some parts for automobiles come out of Mexico. There are engine assembly plants down there as well. Many of the Volkswagen cars for the US market come from Mexico. I think the Toyota Tacoma is headed that way but the current climate may change that.

We all have our biases. My top preference is a Japanese brand made in Japan. But sometimes the choices are not as clear as we think they are.

Originally Posted By: irv
That is great news for you Americans! I wish things were as rosy/positive here in Ontario/Canada, but due to our current leaders, that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon!

Aside from that, I still love my 2013 Ram Bighorn. I was a GM truck fan since I was 16 but due to my last truck being a complete lemon, and the previous one giving me problems I shouldn't have had, I purchased this Ram due to hearing good things about them, and I haven't looked back since.

I have had a couple small(er) issues (puddle lights and current paint issues) but nothing compared to my last GM's. Not saying Rams are all that and without issues, but comparatively, this Ram has been a blessing!

What do you guys think of this paint issue? I haven't taken it in due to it being out of warranty but my Father told me he was talking to another guy who has the exact same issue, and was told to pound salt.
I have read on a few other forums, I am not the only one who has these bubbles. I have had this truck undercoated/rust proofed since new but supposedley there is some foam behind the fenders that holds/retains water/moisture.

If those are the rear 1/4's on the bedsides, every Dodge / RAM rusts out there at about the 5 year mark.

Here in PA, if you have rust on the body you'll fail your annual inspection. The quick fix is to throw on a set of fender flares covering the rust. It'll only gain you a short time though, the rust there is ferocious.

Originally Posted By: copcarguy
Originally Posted By: irv
That is great news for you Americans! I wish things were as rosy/positive here in Ontario/Canada, but due to our current leaders, that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon!

Aside from that, I still love my 2013 Ram Bighorn. I was a GM truck fan since I was 16 but due to my last truck being a complete lemon, and the previous one giving me problems I shouldn't have had, I purchased this Ram due to hearing good things about them, and I haven't looked back since.

I have had a couple small(er) issues (puddle lights and current paint issues) but nothing compared to my last GM's. Not saying Rams are all that and without issues, but comparatively, this Ram has been a blessing!

What do you guys think of this paint issue? I haven't taken it in due to it being out of warranty but my Father told me he was talking to another guy who has the exact same issue, and was told to pound salt.
I have read on a few other forums, I am not the only one who has these bubbles. I have had this truck undercoated/rust proofed since new but supposedley there is some foam behind the fenders that holds/retains water/moisture.

If those are the rear 1/4's on the bedsides, every Dodge / RAM rusts out there at about the 5 year mark.

Here in PA, if you have rust on the body you'll fail your annual inspection. The quick fix is to throw on a set of fender flares covering the rust. It'll only gain you a short time though, the rust there is ferocious.

Those pics are from the front side passenger fender. When I did a wax job this past November, I noticed same/similar spots on the driver's side.

Seems, so far, that these are only on the front fenders as I didn't notice, and I was looking hard, any other spots anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back