Dominos pizza promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it. Dominos has built an entire ad campaign around “insuring” that if your take out pizza is damaged they will replace it. Really.? Is anyone going to choose a pizza take out based on that?

I think the quality of Dominos has gone up immensely, its actually not that bad anymore, especially their pan pizza well done. Its no comparison to local yokel places near me (NYC area), but sometimes you crave it.

Years ago they had a 30 minutes or it's free promise. Those were fun times when I delivered for them. People would turn their lights off to make it harder to find their house, act like they didn't hear the doorbell, argue about the time. I think a driver killed someone while racing to make a delivery and they got rid of the 30 minute promise.

Marketing gimmick. Caught my attention which was the point.

They could eventually say it was for a limited time if the payouts are too much.

I've never been disappointed by the condition of the pizza I've brought home. When I was a kid, I'd ride with it in my lap, nice and warm!

Dominos has to offer some gimmick to attract buyers because their Pizzas are so bad.

it is a good marketing campaign, they will realize almost 0% loss from their "insurance" and people like me will spend 10 minutes wonder what the point of it all is. Then next time I want pizza, at least i may think of Dominos first.

In my town of approx. 10,000 people I have Lil' Ceasar's, Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and a regional chain (Gatti's). Lil' Ceasar's $5 hot n' ready is a cardboard masterpiece reserved for emergencies only. Domino's and Gatti's (one of those hometown pizza buffet joints) are decent, but Papa John's and Pizza Hut are my picks. But I never have pizza delivered - about 50% carry out, 50% dine-in.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
when was the last time you dumped a pizza all over your driveway anyways.

When a tree fell on my car and I slipped on the ice
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Marketing gimmick. Caught my attention which was the point.

They could eventually say it was for a limited time if the payouts are too much...

I thought about that. They probably "exchange", you have to turn in the spoiled pizza to get a new one. That would limit their payouts.

Yeah, marketing, but it's a low cost program that gets peoples attention.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: JustinH
when was the last time you dumped a pizza all over your driveway anyways.

When a tree fell on my car and I slipped on the ice
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

It has to be on video to get reimbursed.

I wonder what would happen if I bought one,ate it all,and went back and said it accidentally fell into my stomach,may I have another one please? Haha
laugh.gif

It is all marketing. I mean heck, it is now a topic on a large online forum.

Home many people will drop their pizza, and then drive all the way back to the store, re-order it, wait for it, then bring it home?
I can't think of a time I ever dropped a pizza box, and even if I did, so long as it stayed closed, I don't care what it looks like, I would still eat it.

Heck, I want some pizza now, so the marketing is working.

Gimmick and an odd one at that but I do like their pizza, especially their crusts. Have not had it in quite a while, I would spend quite a bit and my horde would plow through it and start looking around for something else to eat!

No I usually get them Papa Murphy's we always have left overs there is so much to it.

Has anyone here tried the refrigerated pizzas at Aldi? They look good and someone I know said they were good as well. Just looking for more opinions. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back