Exhaust Tips size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know there is a video at the bottom of that page:

“How to Measure Exhaust Pipe Diameter for Exhaust Tips (01:26)"

But if you have a 2.5” pipe I am going to go out on a limb and say you need a 2.5” inlet exhaust tip.

Are you welding on another exhaust tip or slipping a tip over the tailpipe?
If just slipping one over the tailpipe, you'll need at least 1/4"-1/2" oversize.

I would assume slipping it over. I'm having a performance muffler shop do true dual exhaust on my truck,and the add the tips. These tips will run out of the side before the rear tires.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I would assume slipping it over. I'm having a performance muffler shop do true dual exhaust on my truck,and the add the tips. These tips will run out of the side before the rear tires.

Ahhh, I see! I have no other info or questions for you. Good luck and I know it'll look great when all is done.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy

In that case, 2-1/2" tips will slide over new 2-1/2" pipe

"I would assume slipping it over. I'm having a performance muffler shop do true dual exhaust on my truck,and the add the tips. These tips will run out of the side before the rear tires."

If I remember right Ford had a problem with their side exhaust ruining the rear wheels finish. Maybe go out the back???
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back