Amazon deliveries a problem recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been a user of Amazon for many years now and never once had a problem with packages delivered. Now since November I’ve had three orders either lost or misdelivered. In one case the driver could not find the address. I had to send Amazon a link from Apple Maps with a arrow pointing at my house.

I’m guessing it is because of the new Amazon drivers. I cannot remember UPS or the PO ever having trouble. Today I spent about 45 minutes on customer service chat trying to figure out what happened.

It won’t stop me from ordering from them but I am getting the feeling that some of these newer contract drivers are the issue. Maybe I should apply?

Anyone else with Amazon delivery issues lately?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Haven't had any issues myself lately, but I did read something online about thieves shadowing delivery trucks and nabbing packages.

I heard the same although it was back around Christmas time... could still be going on

Yea I saw that as well. Amazon has a lock system that will allow the delivery person to put your packages inside your home. I’m not too keen on that. That one incident where the person caught the thief happened in our region I think.

Several weeks ago had a driver try to drop off a package at my house two different times that were for an address with the same numbers as mine, but a different street name that ran at a "T" to mine. Part of that street has 4 digit house numbers, and then around a bend the numbers drop to 3 digits, then the street dead ends. The street has maybe a total of 30 or 35 houses on each side.

My house had the same 3 digits as the one where the package was supposed to go but the driver said she could not find the house so somehow thought I should receive the packages!

I looked the next day during my daily walk after refusing the first package, and the house she needed to get to was on a corner of the correct street and a different street. Their garage faced the different street but their address was on the correct street and facing the correct street.

The second time the same driver tried to deliver another package to me I told her where the house was and what to look for. I have no idea what she did with the first package and hope she delivered the second one.

No issues here with drivers getting lost, but I have had a few 1-2 day delays on prime items that were in-stock. Not sure what the deal is but I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that a local sorting facility does about 150K packages/day. At that volume, I am somewhat amazed that I don't have more issues to complain about.

Had one that said it was delivered, but didn't show up until overnight the next night. I think the post office delivered it to the wrong address.

What prompted me to start this thread was today’s flub. Originally I ordered several items and during the transit process the package got lost. After a few days Amazon emailed me and asked to contact them for what to do. So I had them send a replacement delivery which was at no cost to me (kudos to Amazon) and it was this package that got misdelivered. Apparently the option of having the driver go back and retrieve the package is not available. So I cancelled the order, got a full refund and $15 credit. The refund is funny because it was free to begin with.

I may be wrong here but it is my understanding that many of these new Amazon delivery people are private contractors using their own vehicles. Anyone that can confirm this? I’ve had packages delivered by people in regular unmarked cars so that’s what leads me to this conclusion. One of those was just before Christmas at 9pm.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
No issues here with drivers getting lost, but I have had a few 1-2 day delays on prime items that were in-stock. Not sure what the deal is but I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that a local sorting facility does about 150K packages/day. At that volume, I am somewhat amazed that I don't have more issues to complain about.

This may also be part of the problem. Amazon’s Business is growing very quickly. I’m sure this was the biggest reason Walmart is closing Sam’s Club stores in order to transition to a similar model. Many of those Sam’s Clubs will be converted to regional distribution centers.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Haven't had any issues myself lately, but I did read something online about thieves shadowing delivery trucks and nabbing packages.

Those criminals are called 'porch pirates'

All the time I've used Amazon I've only had 1 order lost in shipping. Amazon gave me the option to re-order it (which I did), and it came in 2 days with my free prime shipping.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It won’t stop me from ordering from them but I am getting the feeling that some of these newer contract drivers are the issue. Maybe I should apply?

Not surprising, they work those drivers to death with near impossible schedules.

No time for them to even stop somewhere and take a dump, so they have to go in the truck.

I may be wrong here but it is my understanding that many of these new Amazon delivery people are private contractors using their own vehicles. Anyone that can confirm this? I’ve had packages delivered by people in regular unmarked cars so that’s what leads me to this conclusion. One of those was just before Christmas at 9pm.

Around the holidays I've seen postal workers using their own vehicles to deliver only packages. During peak season you should see the rental trucks lined up outside waiting at a certain major package delivery company.

If any of you have seen how your packages are treated in the warehouses it's a wonder anybody gets anything intact...

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone

Not surprising, they work those drivers to death with near impossible schedules.

No time for them to even stop somewhere and take a dump, so they have to go in the truck.

I read some of those news stories although with all the fake news out there it’s hard to believe they can’t stop at a McDonalds for five minutes to use their restroom. I don’t know the details of their work contract though.

Around here I have seen a number of all white panel trucks. Someone told me they were Amazon. Again that may or may not be true.

Had a couple of those myself. Part of the problem with the Holidays the carriers brought on new people and Amazon also hired some independents.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz

This may also be part of the problem. Amazon’s Business is growing very quickly. I’m sure this was the biggest reason Walmart is closing Sam’s Club stores in order to transition to a similar model. Many of those Sam’s Clubs will be converted to regional distribution centers.

Interesting. I did not know that was the reason they are closing some of them down. Makes sense IMO!

If you can't beat 'em; be 'em!
smile.gif

I have yet to have a problem with Amazon deliveries, but UPS and USPS have not been very reliable.

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone

They have time to stop and use the restroom.....

Me too! Many years with prime, no problems. Recently 3 problems in a couple of months. Packaged lost or scanned as arrived on front porch, but didn't arrive. Has anyone considered the deliverer may be stealing?

I was home when said deliveries occurred. So I know, they were not stolen. Plus, my home is rather unique in design.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back