Fiat moving next gen Ram HD truck from Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see some common sense decisions bringing business back to the States.

As for Ram, I like my '17 Dually. It tows great. I'm liking the rumors I've had about the new generation Ram, so when it's built in the USA again, it might be time to trade.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Corporate tax cuts apparently make a difference!!

It sure looks that way. More good news.

I like my '17 1500 Express too...

I'm glad I bought this generation as the spy shots I've seen of the '19 1500's don't impress me at all. Looks too Tundra-ish.

Same goes for the new Silverado, but I'm not a GM guy whatsoever.

America just keeps on Winning and Winning.....

smile.gif

Nice to see it. Since Trucks are a cash cow for manufacturers it is possible. But boy will they be bummed if the possible NAFTA tariffs don't happen.

Taxes aren't the big issue. Labor and benefit costs are. We will unfortunately still see labor outsourced to other cheaper countries, automation used, and offshore tax havens used.

Pitch.

It's clear the move is more closely linked to the Wagoneer.

It's also clear that the Saltillo plant is still going to be utilized to avoid the American economy.

Why is FCA building another full size SUV? Last one did so well?

That is great news for you Americans! I wish things were as rosy/positive here in Ontario/Canada, but due to our current leaders, that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon!

Aside from that, I still love my 2013 Ram Bighorn. I was a GM truck fan since I was 16 but due to my last truck being a complete lemon, and the previous one giving me problems I shouldn't have had, I purchased this Ram due to hearing good things about them, and I haven't looked back since.

I have had a couple small(er) issues (puddle lights and current paint issues) but nothing compared to my last GM's. Not saying Rams are all that and without issues, but comparatively, this Ram has been a blessing!

What do you guys think of this paint issue? I haven't taken it in due to it being out of warranty but my Father told me he was talking to another guy who has the exact same issue, and was told to pound salt.
I have read on a few other forums, I am not the only one who has these bubbles. I have had this truck undercoated/rust proofed since new but supposedley there is some foam behind the fenders that holds/retains water/moisture.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Probably worth noting most corporations were already paying less than what they should have. Still good to see some jobs brought back to the US.

"Companies may start at a high corporate tax rate in the U.S., but once they go through all the deductions and credits, they don’t end up paying an unusually high amount compared to companies in other nations."
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/541797699...te-in-the-world

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Probably worth noting most corporations were already paying less than what they should have. Still good to see some jobs brought back to the US.

"Companies may start at a high corporate tax rate in the U.S., but once they go through all the deductions and credits, they don’t end up paying an unusually high amount compared to companies in other nations."
https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/541797699...te-in-the-world

The top 3 are within 3%, so yes we still end up one of the highest taxed. Not the highest, but essentially tied with the top 3.

Seems to be a trend. The company I used to work for before I retired moved a multimillion dollar operation to Mexico. In a year they had to bring it back. They couldn't get the job done and produce a quality product. 10's of million of dollars were spent on this move and the move back.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I think its more the fear that NAFTA is going to end, and importing cars from Mexico may be subject to a high tariff.

That's probably it.

This new focus on jobs that pay a lot more than the minimum wage is a nice change. This might bring more people off welfare and into the real world where the most of the rest of us live and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back