Walmart syn oil change, what is the filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too cold to change oil myself, so had walmart do a syn oil change w/ Edge 0W20 on my Tacoma. I couldnt see the filter too well, but its a pale orange, lighter color than Fram. Ill look tomorrow, but anyone have any idea what they use?

Last edited:
It used to be a standard workshop Fram (Pro Service?), with no black gripping stuff at the end. Not sure what they use now, but you can generally choose an off the shelf filter and pay the difference. I got $1.99 credit for not using their Fram supplied filter, and chose a better one off the shelf.

Originally Posted By: bchannell
Too cold to change oil myself, so had walmart do a syn oil change w/ Edge 0W20 on my Tacoma......

Was your oil in such bad condition that you couldn't wait two weeks for the weather to warm up to do it yourself? Out of curiosity, how many miles were on the OCI and the duration of the OCI?

They probably used something called the Fram Core. It's a Walmart TLE-exclusive slightly smaller version of the orange can with a special grippy texture. The Fram Core line is consolidated like most jobber filters.

They must have used Fram CORE. I would recommend to buy a better filter if to be used with full synthetic oil.

Im a Walmart Tech. Walmart CORE pretty sure its the OCOD. You can always upgrade it to a filter on the shelf or bring your own in. Just remember to tell someone.

the walmart I went, they always busy, I always been 10+ cars in line waiting for oi change, I always saw walmart tech, pick up that JUNK FRAM OCOD 9 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back