Big storm coming: how much you going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pouring rain here and 52F. Say we could expect 5-8” snow thru Saturday morning. Oh well
smile.gif

pouring and 61f here.

they say some ice mix, and 8-16" but revised it to 5-8 then 1-3 sat.

Originally Posted By: Rand
pouring and 61f here.

they say some ice mix, and 8-16" but revised it to 5-8 then 1-3 sat.

The original forecast was for as much as 9" in this part of the state, but that now seems to be dialed back to 3" or so.
How bad things get for travel will depend upon how long the sleet or freezing rain lasts.
There is nothing nastier than an ice storm and we do get them here, although I recall them being quite rare when I lived in a suburb on the shore of the lake.

rain, then sleet, then ice, then snow 6".

Not a good day to be going out tomorrow.

Whereas "cold" is a lame excuse to stay home, this would be a great reason to stay home. Injury, possibly even death, and property damage are real risk in situations like these.

Its going to pour here. Not good, still have lot of snow on roofs. Then back to ice again. Then cold. Its been bad here.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Anything less than 16 inches is considered not news worthy where I come from. Just sayin.....
smile.gif

Where abouts? I’m in Lansing but have family in Kzoo and I was born in Marquette with a lot of family still up there. Good times in the winter!

The news said that frito chips sell out here before bad weather since people make frito chili pies when stuck at home.

Not sure if I believe it but I guess that's a thing now.

They originally said we were going to get a ton of rain followed by about 8 inches of snow over Friday and Saturday. We're currently getting the rain and it's about 52 degrees, but they've scaled back the amount of snow and now they say we're probably only going to get about an inch or less. There is going to be a period of freezing rain tomorrow afternoon when the temperatures drop drastically though, and then we're back into the deep freeze again on the weekend. I'm dying to take my Corvette out for a drive but that's not likely to happen this week
frown.gif

Forecast varies but maybe up to 8" w/ ice laid down first to put a slick foundation under it all.

The old Subaru is fixin' to earn it's keep ...

They're saying major, dense fog is in store here in NE PA.

We're also under a flash flood watch.

3" of rain, more wind forecasted for Fri PM . I chopped drainage in the ice sheet to drain off the melt water on my driveway. Temp is 56F so ice cap should be gone comes the rain. All in all the cold snap was weathered pretty OK by my feeble efforts in the driveway clearing. Ariens is fueled and ready and the shovels are by the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back