Smartphone: Motorola or Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have the IPhone SE, but just bout paid off. Seriously looking at Motorola phones.

What say the BITOG faithful?

Thank You in advance

I've been "Team Droid" since I bought my first one in '12. My wife was the same way, tried an iPhone (I believe the 5) when they came out, after two years she made the switch back to droid and says she'll never switch again. My mom has a Galaxy and likes it a lot. I've messed with it a bit, and while it works just fine, I find the UI to be more complex than my droid. Everything just works on it, you could give it to a 1st time smart phone user and they'd have it completely figured out in 30 minutes.

I like the Samsung OS minus all the bloatware.. wondering if and when they plan to get rid of it.. I hate forced apps on my phone. I disable them though. I am not a fan of the Motorola OS. Go to a store and play with both. See which you like better.

Both make good and bad phones. This shouldn't be a Samsung vs Motorola battle unless your comparing each others user interface.
Motorola is closer to being pure Android than Samsung is. There are good choices with both manufactures.

I had a Droid, then Samsung, then another Droid that lasted 10 days before I returned it. I hated it. It wouldn't play nice with my car. Pandora wouldn't stream. That was a deal breaker.

I’m thinking of the Samsung J7 for what I want. I don’t do much games or other stuff with a smartphone

My vote would be Samsung, S6 can be had for really cheap these days if you wait for a deal or if you can spend some $$$ S8 is the way to go.

Excellent camera, response time and overall a better phone.

I am planning to get S8 as well
smile.gif

I've always been a fan of the MotoG series. Currently have a Moto G4+ 64GB. Carrier unlocked and carrier agnostic with microSD slot. I will probably run this for another couple years as it does everything I need it to and then move to whatever the next thing is.

I don't do contracts and I'd rather just pay for the phone up front and be done with it.

My main complaint about flagship phones, even prior generations, is their often abysmal battery life. That's the price for high resolution screens, fastest CPUs and GPUs, multiple lens cameras, NFC antennas, wireless charging etc. They have so much stuff crammed in that there is no room for bigger batteries.

I left Apple in Nov '16 and went with a Moto Z Force. I really liked the phone for a while. Then I got to the point I wanted to put pics on bitog.com and I couldn't figure it out from my Droid. I put up with it a while. Then I got to where I wanted to listen to Podcasts. Always seemed to have issues with my Droid. Last Nov '17 I bellied up and paid $320 to buyout my Motorola Contract.

Purchased the 8 Plus and couldn't be happier. Tremendous battery life, easy to work, pics transfer work like a charm, podcast familiarity, etc. I'm just saying...

I got sick of Apple but I came back. It was very humbling to my biological and church family. Man, you shoulda seen their faces. I just sucked it up. I can't imagine every leaving Apple again.

I have a flip phone for the last 15 years,meeting with my son today to look at an Iphone 8,keep me in your prayers this is a big step for a 76 year old dude

Picking a smartphone is like picking oil and filter ... everyone will have a different suggestion. And picking a cell phone service provider is even the same way. Good luck man!
wink.gif

LG K20 Plus Android phone here ... works good, and nice size IMO.

Here you go, great,great,great phone, (4000)battery will outlast ANYTHING on the market, late Android will do the same thing as phones 10 (TEN) times the price plus it has stellar call quality. Its fast, does anything any other phone can do.
Best part about it, you can throw it away if you dont like it.

I have Cricket so the phone only cost $65 in Best Buy but believe you can buy unlocked for way less then $200.

(background) I have had iphones, currently have a work supplied Moto G Force (which is good)
But much prefere the Huawei. I work with customers phones of ALL brands on a daily basis, this phone rocks at this price and I cant believe people take out loans for phones! and protection plans!
For gods sake, its a phone and internet device, with this one, if it gets dirty or breaks, just buy a new one.
We have two of these and total cost for BOTH was under $140. *LOL*
Click here

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Picking a smartphone is like picking oil and filter ... everyone will have a different suggestion. And picking a cell phone service provider is even the same way. Good luck man!
wink.gif

LG K20 Plus Android phone here ... works good, and nice size IMO.

I looked at that phone actually. Very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back