Have you/Do you use a car Sun Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know cars get hot inside, steering wheels and seats can burn, dashes can dry out and crack. Ever use one?

I don't now but have. Usually the folding fabric style.

Last edited:
I dont bother with them here. I just open windows and drive. I cant be bothered with them!
happy2.gif

Last edited:
Yep, almost always in the summer. I have tint on the other windows, but sun coming in the front is brutal. Heats up leather like crazy too. I have been using this brand, a little pricey but the fit and performance is spot on
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

Same here and use it daily.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have one from IntroTech that fits awesome. I use it almost every day.

My wife and I both use them during the summer months. Ours are from WeatherTech. It get's pretty warm here, Norman/OKC, in the summer and it helps a ton. We also have our windows tinted and I also crack the windows to help.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have one from IntroTech that fits awesome. I use it almost every day.

x3. It's better than any aftermarket one I used. I ordered one for my parent's Lexus as well.

A friend has a Heatshield brand(made in Sunnyvale) for his Subaru he bought on my suggestion - he really wanted the OEM one but it was $70.

Almost a must down here in south Georgia. I really need to invest in remote start so I can run the AC before I leave work.

When I bought my first new car in TX, I noticed that the dealer (Lute Riley in Richardson) included one with their name on it in every vehicle they sold...good advertising and they were absolutely necessary in that climate.
Haven't needed one since I moved back North.

Yup, I have a custom fit for while I'm parked at work.

It's normally dark by the time I'm off hut it keeps the interior from baking all day.

Nope. Not buying something for an issue that only exists three days out of the year.

Every day. I use the custom fit dealer one most likely made by cover craft. Coupled with the darkest tint legally allowed, I dont have an issue with burning seats or seat belts even with a black pleather interior. I also have a solid metal shift knob that is not ever too hot to touch unless I forget to use the shade.

Gotta use one,keeps your car cooler and you dash from blistering,cracking,or fading. HeatShade brand fits well.

I do. Have a custom one for the Mustang that completely closes the windshield up.

My wife said "this isn't the 70s" and refuses to use one. I wasn't aware that was a thing back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back