Chrysler Pacifica: Near perfect reliability..what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. A sample of one.
2. 34K miles and 11 months? How about 100K+ miles and 10 years?

IMO, these vehicles are still too new to draw any reliability conclusions.

Except for that annoying creaking noise that you hear every time you brake or accelerate....maybe a front sub-frame issue?

smirk.gif

should definitely pay attention. My friend got one. Its a completely new redesign model with a technology package that is leading all cars not just minivans.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
1. A sample of one.
2. 34K miles and 11 months? How about 100K+ miles and 10 years?

IMO, these vehicles are still too new to draw any reliability conclusions.

+1

Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc... Their "reliability" surveys are a joke.

I recently drove the newer dodge caravan with higher trim options. The navigation is idiotic, the car had power, but my moms 2015 sienna awd is more comfortable to drive. If the pacifica drives like the caravan in any way, I won't consider it. They also need to bring the awd versions back, sienna drives very will in snow with bridgestone run flats.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
I recently drove the newer dodge caravan with higher trim options. The navigation is idiotic, the car had power, but my moms 2015 sienna awd is more comfortable to drive. If the pacifica drives like the caravan in any way, I won't consider it. They also need to bring the awd versions back, sienna drives very will in snow with bridgestone run flats.

The current Dodge Grand Caravan is sitting on a platform that has roots back to 2008. Knowing that, it won't compare to a Pacifica that is a completely redesigned model. But thanks anyway.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Deleted. Not even worth the effort.

The comments section of the article is pretty good reading.

In the end, units sold does tell a story...

Many will of course dismiss this as it is a Chrysler product. But everything indicates it is a class leading vehicle. Car and Driver is far from the first to call it nice...

We have a couple of these Caravans in the fleet at work, '14 MY vans IIRC.
They do have real power and are actually quite pleasant to drive.
They were also dirt cheap brand new.
If you were on a budget, had a family and could afford to own but one good vehicle, a Caravan would be a very sound choice.
WRT the topic, any new vehicle should be flawless for 34K.
Whether it remains so for seven years and 134K in typical family use remains to be seen.
I wish FCA well with this fancy-pants toyed up minivan.
Minivans have always been the most useful and practical family haulers for those who have nothing heavy to tow, like 90% of the SUV and pickup owners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back