2018 Nissan Rogue w/ ProPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in the market to replace our 2016 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, was hesitant to get another because the interior of the 2016 had a lot of very cheap feeling plastics. We looked at the 2018 and WOW, what a difference. Nissan upgraded the leather, upgraded the dash and console plastics and also put leather inserts on the dash and console, gives the car a real premium feel. Nissan also added memory seats and improved CVT feel for 2017 which carried to 2018. The 2018 also has Apple Car Play and with the Platinum Package, it includes the ProPilot Assist function which allows semi-autonomous features. I was skeptical on this option but let me tell you, its incredible. This is not a Lane Keep Assist that corrects if you drift out of your lane, the car follows the lines and keeps you dead center in the lane as long as you have a hand on the wheel. Take your hands off the wheel, it will start chiming at you. It also allows use in stop and go traffic, the car will come to a complete stop with traffic and resume accelerating. We have tested this multiple times and it works great. This is NOT a self driving vehicle, there were times when the car wanted to take an exit like at a rest area so you definitely have to pay attention and have a hand on the wheel. For the mid 30K price point, this vehicle is incredible. The AWD system is great, the CVT with the shift points really helps power and the level of tech is fantastic, including Apple CarPlay. All in all, I am extremely impressed with what Nissan has done with this vehicle. We were set on switching brands but stuck with Nissan because of these enhancements.

Entry level 4 cylinder CUV with a lot of dooh dads pushing the price to over 30K. Nope.
Touchscreens NOPE.

I don't even want ABS or undefeatable traction control.

I paid $21.7 for mine new. Decent value for a new car. Great seats for bigger Guys. It even has stellar, well sorted SACHS struts and shocks. Subaru could learn something about a PROPER ride handling compromise from Renault/Nissan.

Now if Nissan would honor ANY legit warranty claim that would be nice.
So far they have done absolutely nothing for me. Some were high level safety issues.

was this car built by Samsung in S. Korea or in Japan?
Surprisingly Ive seen some Samsung MFG stickers on the door jam of your Renault-Rogues.

Last edited:
Congrats on a new ride. Glad you like it. Car mags seem to have some harsh words to say about it, so it's always important to drive it for yourself, like you did.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Entry level 4 cylinder CUV with a lot of dooh dads pushing the price to over 30K. Nope.
Touchscreens NOPE.

I paid $21.7 for mine new. Decent value for a new car. Great seats for bigger Guys. It even has stellar, well sorted SACHS struts and shocks. Subaru could learn something about a PROPER ride handling compromise from Renault/Nissan.

So far they have done absolutely nothing for me. Some were high level safety issues.

Surprisingly Ive seen some Samsung MFG stickers on the door jam of your Renault-Rogues.

I totally agree with you on warranty claims....we had 2 warranty items on the 2016, one of which was covered. The aluminum luggage rack corroded and the paint came off. After arguing, Nissan replaced it. The second was the paint wore off the 360 camera button on the radio and they told me to take a hike.

As far as price. After discount and rebates, I got the car for $31,200. A comparable CR-V or RAV-4 were each about $1000 more on the final price. The resale I got out my 2016 was incredible, was really a great deal for us. I noticed you have the 2014 S model. I rented a 2017 S model, I actually felt the S seemed to ride better and handle better than the higher models, it was pretty darn fun to drive for an SUV. I'm a sucker for technology so that draws me in.

We typically trade this vehicle every 2-3 years if the numbers work out. We crossed shopped Nissan, Honda and Toyota but the Honda and Toyota dealers wouldn't budge off KBB "instant cash offer" for trade in. Came down to the fact we were being offered 88% of our purchase price on the 2016 as a trade in towards a new Nissan, it was really hard to turn down on a car we owned for 2.5 years and put 31,000 miles on. Even though I literally had just had new tires installed, the numbers were just a little too good to pass up. I found out that the reason they put so much into it was the Sales Manager was wanting to buy the 2016 for his Daughter. It was a case of right place at the right time.

My next step up may be the turbo 4 (Mercedes) badged Infinity CUV - as a 3 year lease.

qx30 I think

Anybody drive one of those? Suppose to be dang good. Based on the A class.

either that of Ill do a junk yard buildup early 90s short box 4Wd chevy Silverado with a nice torque-y 377 real small block and a 5 speed MT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: carguy996
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Touchscreens NOPE.

I totally agree with you on warranty claims....we had 2 warranty items on the 2016, one of which was covered. The aluminum luggage rack corroded and the paint came off. After arguing, Nissan replaced it. The second was the paint wore off the 360 camera button on the radio and they told me to take a hike.

My warranty claims were MAJOR:

Failed front brake calipers, and burnt out catalytic converter.
Brakes? I ended up paying for new calipers and rotors (this at 30K miles!)

exhaust is falling apart internally and ending up in pieces in the engine and the resonator. Ill be trading next fall. If the car was decent Id get 12 grand for it private. I wont sell it to a private citizen with the exhaust failing. I owe 5 grand on it and it has 37K miles in three years.
I can buy almost ANY car I want - but I restrain myself being a 1/2 Scottish penny pincher. That why I cant see dead cow seats and a couple tech items adding 9 grand to a 23 grand car. Thats called being SOAKED. Again, the Scot coming out
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back