MC FL 910 (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed oil today(10K OCI) and thought some might like the pics from the FL 910. I have used this filter for years and have not seen any problems.

Last edited:
My daughter has a 2010 Focus and I run the 910s filter and when I cut them open there is nothing to report.

The 910S is the filter that would go on my Sienna (don't know if this is the same filter or not). Interesting, their tech support emailed me that this filter has only 80% efficiency at 20 microns.

But it sure does seem to have held up well...

Last edited:
Just put one of these on my Mazda3 2.5L engine today for a 7500 mile OCI. Looks like I don’t have anything to worry about.

Originally Posted By: paulri
The 910S is the filter that would go on my Sienna (don't know if this is the same filter or not). Interesting, their tech support emailed me that this filter has only 80% efficiency at 20 microns.

How recent did Motorcraft email you with the 80% at 20 microns info?

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Just put one of these on my Mazda3 2.5L engine today for a 7500 mile OCI. Looks like I don’t have anything to worry about.

The 910 has worked well in my Fords for several years.

July 11, 2017

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: paulri

How recent did Motorcraft email you with the 80% at 20 microns info?

Thanks, looks like Motorcraft is still sticking with the "80% at 20 microns" efficiency statement.

Thanks, looks like Motorcraft is still sticking with the "80% at 20 microns" efficiency statement.

It always has been.... and it will NEVER EVER DIE!!
21.gif
I really don't think they care.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

It always has been.... and it will NEVER EVER DIE!!
21.gif
I really don't think they care.

Thought I read somewhere (besides the Amsoil ISO test graph) that Motorcrafts where better than what Motorcraft says. But Motorcraft must have a reason to stick with thier efficiency claim.

Thought I read somewhere (besides the Amsoil ISO test graph) that Motorcrafts where better than what Motorcraft says. But Motorcraft must have a reason to stick with thier efficiency claim.

Yes, it's on a post it note by the telephone at their tech desk, and has been for years.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

Yes, it's on a post it note by the telephone at their tech desk, and has been for years.
wink.gif

But in the end, it really doesn't matter so much about what filter you use, it's far more important as to what oil you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back