Raiders owner obsessed with Chucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Davis is his own man & own style. Needs a new hair cut since he has started growing hair in the first place. Raiders are a shell of what they were last year. I have been a "die hard" Raiders fan since I have been a tike. I have taken the good with the Bad for a long time. I TRULY believe this was the most promising/positive move the Raiders could have made moving forward for many reasons. Raiders have unfinished business like Jon Gruden clarified on his press conference hiring. RN4L!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Mark Davis is his own man & own style. Needs a new hair cut since he has started growing hair in the first place. Raiders are a shell of what they were last year. I have been a "die hard" Raiders fan since I have been a tike. I have taken the good with the Bad for a long time. I TRULY believe this was the most promising/positive move the Raiders could have made moving forward for many reasons. Raiders have unfinished business like Jon Gruden clarified on his press conference hiring. RN4L!!!!!!!!!

His haircut bothers me to no end, but I agree with you. Gruden will get us back to greatness but it's going to take some time.

Not a Raiders fan at all but I am happy to see Gruden coaching again. I love hearing him call a game. He is one of those people that has the right mix of knowledge and enthusiasm for their sport like Larry MacReynolds with NASCAR.

Probably a good move for the Raiders, they need a big splash for the move to Vegas in 2 years. How do you Raider fans feel about that move? Sell out by the Davis ownership? Or OK with it?

Gruden waited till Brady got old and Belichick is close to retiring. Smart move if he wants any success.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Gruden waited till Brady got old and Belichick is close to retiring. Smart move if he wants any success.

Pffff...I'm sure the 100 million had nothing to with it and the Tom and Bill time line trumped everything. Brady should have stayed in the Bay Area.

The Raiders organization is going to do whatever it's going to do and I feel bad for Jack Del Rio who was on the verge of tears in his firing announcement. Del Rio is an SF East Bay native and the Raiders were his team growing up. It's like a dream dying. Gruden can sell more seat licenses and have a more visible media presence now and in Vegas. It's kind of like Al Davis moving the team to LA in '84 with the promise of cable/media contracts repeating itself.

Although the fans are great, the situation around the team hasn't been the same since they left for Los Angeles. I would expect a similar outcome with the move to Vegas...you'll have the Raider fans retaining them as "their" team but it'll be defused with only a small percentage of the people who have season tickets making the trek to see them there. The Black Hole suits Oakland...I'm not sure how that plays in Vegas. I know a gentleman who moved his entertainment business to Las Vegas in 2009 with the lure of Sin City and he hates it and says Vegas is a pretty sterile environment. He's happy for the money but not much else...the Raiders fate might be something similar.

I live in Oakland(I'm more partial to the 49ers even though I think Jed York is an idiot), and much of the town is teeved off about the move to Vegas. I don't blame Libby Schaaf for not wanting to subsidize a new stadium - Alameda County is still on the hook for Mt. Davis and renovating a barely functional Coliseum.

But with all the techies moving into Oakland, I doubt they care about sports as much as the old school - AT&T Park and soon Chase Arena in Mission Bay is only a small BART/ferry/Uber ride over.

I don't blame Oakland for not "doing what was necessary" to retain the Raiders after the 1995 debacle. The economic climate in Oakland has changed dramatically since the Raiders return. There are several parts of downtown I don't even recognize anymore. I'm a die hard Raider fan but Mark Davis is still an a-wipe as far as I'm concerned.

When the Warriors move to the new Chase Arena I have an even money bet that they go back to the San Francisco Warriors name. The provincial quality of SF will override the Franklin Mieuli thing with the Golden State moniker. Raiders to Vegas, Golden State becoming San Francisco...it kind of goes with the territory.

This Chiefs fan wasn't happy to see this hire. If the Broncos get a QB and the Chargers win just some of those close loses then the Chiefs will end up in last place in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back