Hyundai Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a search on here but didn't find anything recent regarding Hyundai air filters. Is anyone here familiar with the quality of the OEM filter, or have recommendations for aftermarket brands?

Thanks!

I've never seen a study concerning their efficiency but i find the build quality just as stout as any other OE filter i've seen.

Originally Posted By: wemay
I've never seen a study concerning their efficiency but i find the build quality just as stout as any other OE filter i've seen.

Agree. Very easy to install and very good fitment.

Much better than the OEM, Mann and Mahle air filters I used to install in my VW/Audis.

Keep in mind that Mobis brand after market filters are Hyundai/Kia OEM.

I had a Pentius economy air filter installed in my Santa Fe and when I did an oil analysis, the silicon level was high. I replaced it with a genuine Hyundai air filter and my silicon level is dropping. The pleats are thicker and seems like it seals better in the case.

Originally Posted By: boom10ful
seals better in the case.

This is critical for an air filter. I'd worry much more about the fit and seal than the paper/media.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Originally Posted By: boom10ful
seals better in the case.

This is critical for an air filter. I'd worry much more about the fit and seal than the paper/media.

I agree. Someone said "gaps are more important than gauze" in describing some of these aftermarket filters and I think that's the way to look at it.

On my Accent I replaced it with a Fram from WalMart. Could not see any difference between the two at all.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
On my Accent I replaced it with a Fram from WalMart. Could not see any difference between the two at all.

Very nice filter and seemed to have a better seal than the Toyota oem one. Plus my silicone reading was a little high on the oem one. I also checked out filters from AZ/AA and wasn't impressed with what they had at all. Purolators seemed very cheaply built. Even the Fram Fresh Breeze cabin filter seemed to have much more to it compared to some of the ultra cheap cabin filters out there. Pretty much either Fram or oem for me. With a preference for Fram because of quality construction and price.

Gonna keep it a long time? If so then run a dryflow like AEM. Lower environmental impact,gain a slight mpg/response and its washability is a plus. Makes for a cool first time modification on a car too.

I’ve used them quite a bit. My ‘06 Tucson and ‘13 KIA Optima had mostly OE filters installed. Second choice was WIX or NAPA Gold. You’ll be fine with a WIX. WIX or OE, whatever is cheaper.

Just checked my air filter today. Looked good. Part #28133-F2000 and it said Leehan Automotive on it. Needing reading glasses to see more.
smile.gif

I have a similar question. OEM quality or a good replacement. I was at Rock Auto today and saw this Wix filter the interested me:

Wix NanoPro Elantra Air Filter

It was about $15 after shipping. Seems like an upgrade, but how good it would fit/seal is my question?

I am still sour grapes regarding Wix (Napa) filters. My Saturn sucked a one inch whole in the one I bought after 2 to 3k miles.

I will probably do OEM or Fram. Never had a problem with a Fram air filter.

Originally Posted By: MParr
I’ve used them quite a bit. My ‘06 Tucson and ‘13 KIA Optima had mostly OE filters installed. Second choice was WIX or NAPA Gold. You’ll be fine with a WIX. WIX or OE, whatever is cheaper.

That is good to know. Maybe my Saturn just sucked more than other cars.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MParr
The WIX WA10420 is the only listing WIX lists for your application. Like “new and improved “ dish soap.

But I never used the old dish soap.
lol.gif

It was also priced well. Fram was around $15 before shipping.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Sounds like there are good choices out there, but none really head and shoulders above the rest so I'll probably just stick with OEM. Hopefully they're not too expensive at my dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back