New Valvoline Advanced Synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well here it is. Dexos gen 2 approved plus the other obvious approvals as well. I do like the color and new containers. Got this from AZ for $29.99. Regular price for this is $44.99 at AZ... Regular Valvoline Advanced full synthetic is $37.99.. So, Wally World is regular price of $24.97 for Valvoline Advanced full synthetic. It well could be when this shows up at Wally World it will be $31.97. Maybe as low as $29.97. At least it is not $49.98 like another oil there.

I am wondering about this as well... At $31.97 it will be a slow seller for sure. As you know most people are looking for oil less than say $24 at Walmart. Anything above that like Castrol gold bottle at $28 plus does sell slower obviously. We will see..

Another contender in the most expensive oil competition. When will they learn? BITOGers only buy synthetic for $1-2 per quart.
28.gif

Since VAS is already dexos gen 2, this would have to have some additional benefit for the roughly $1 a qt it’s being priced st.

Do we call this VME?

Second thread on the new Valvoline.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4627521/Valvoline_%22Modern_Engine_#Post4627521

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
This is going to sell like Mobil 1 AP

Exactly what I was thinking! Or maybe they're looking to compete in the higher priced oil category. Maybe they think they can do better at it. LOL
It should be interesting to see what Pennzoil and Castrol does now.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Someone above said, "I would use it if I was rich".

Wouldn't you use it if your vehicle needed a Dexos2 oil?

You can get a Dexos-1, Gen 2 oil for $16,99 from Pennzoil (SynBlend 5W-30). If the specification is the only thing driving the purchase then this Valvoline won't be moving very quickly.

Originally Posted By: FowVay

You can get a Dexos-1, Gen 2 oil for $16,99 from Pennzoil (SynBlend 5W-30). If the specification is the only thing driving the purchase then this Valvoline won't be moving very quickly.

I am running that oil right now, but the synths from SOPUS and XOM end up being cheaper at WM in rebate season (if you're willing to deal with the rebate process). Haven't seen any evidence online that SOPUS offers rebates on the blends at any point, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
The current Valvoline Advanced Synthetic is already d1g2. You don’t have to buy the Modern Engine oil to get that.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1
Second thread on the new Valvoline.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4627521/Valvoline_%22Modern_Engine_#Post4627521

Yep but that thread has turned into a M1 fanatic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back