MILESYN SXR 5w20 / PQIA from 4/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Lots of folks have asked about this oil recently. Just wanted to share the PQIA test results.

This is definitely not a d1G2 oil but for those that aren't concerned with that certification, the low Noack, high Calcium, Boron and Moly numbers are nice.

Looks solid. Any good prices out there for this?

My wife is getting her OC at the dealer.. Fine by me. Would work in the Subie in the spring.
Not for the Nissan

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Looks solid. Any good prices out there for this?

My wife is getting her OC at the dealer.. Fine by me. Would work in the Subie in the spring.
Not for the Nissan

The 0w20 is a tad cheaper.

I have a box of 12qt 5w30 Milesyn SXR waiting to be used. Got it in one of those random Amazon deals for $20 shipped.

Honestly I'll use my Pennzoil or Mobil1 before I use the Milesyn but I think when I do use it, there won't be any issues.

I went on Google maps to find out where Farmindale NY is located. Is on Long Island. Did the Satellite view and see a very small area which looks mostly residential homes and a few commercial stores.
I guess that's their head office location.

Where are they actually making this stuff?

Noack volatility of 9.3% is nice and low.
Heaps of Boron at 242 ppm, with a touch of moly at 80 ppm.

You see some other oils where the TBN is in the 7's and the zinc is in the low 700 ppm, which is OK - but a bit on the slim side. Here Milesyn have given you decent amounts with TBN of 8.1 and zinc of 832 ppm.

Not for Turbo-DI cars as only Dexos1-gen1 and a full calcium detergent package (2234ppm) but for people where LSPI isn't an issue - it looks like a fine oil.

Any Rural King or Atwoods stores near you?

They have Harvest King synthetic with near identical numbers. $9.99 for 5 quarts

Originally Posted By: JC1
I went on Google maps to find out where Farmindale NY is located. Is on Long Island. Did the Satellite view and see a very small area which looks mostly residential homes and a few commercial stores.

They're a industrial/commercial lubricant distributor. No shortage of blenders that can mix up quality, private label lubricants for Miles. The fleet and industrial market wants good quality products that meet specs at a good price. They have a pretty extensive catalog.

Originally Posted By: JC1

Thier original Dexos1 License was issued to Reliance Fluid Technologies (http://www.rftllc.com/), so from what I can figure, Reliance blends and bottles it for them.

I use Milesyn Full Synthetic SXR 5W20 regularly for 2 of my cars and found to be of good quality at a reasonable price. I even had used oil tested at Blackstone Labs and results confirm the quality. Couple of months back 5-gallon pail had a deal price at Walmart. But now back to regular price. Price of its full synthetic 5W20 at Walmart.com or Amazon works out $45 for 12 Qts ($3.75/Qt) for me. This is not a bad price for full synthetic. I am going to test their synthetic blend SB 5W20 this year....just placed order for it at walmart.com. Will share results after oil change in couple of months.

ctechbob mentioned correctly that Reliance Fluid Tech blends motor oils for Miles Lubricants.

Originally Posted By: BKTX
I use Milesyn Full Synthetic SXR 5W20 regularly for 2 of my cars and found to be of good quality at a reasonable price. I even had used oil tested at Blackstone Labs and results confirm the quality. Couple of months back 5-gallon pail had a deal price at Walmart. But now back to regular price. Price of its full synthetic 5W20 at Walmart.com or Amazon works out $45 for 12 Qts ($3.75/Qt) for me. This is not a bad price for full synthetic. I am going to test their synthetic blend SB 5W20 this year....just placed order for it at walmart.com. Will share results after oil change in couple of months.

ctechbob mentioned correctly that Reliance Fluid Tech blends motor oils for Miles Lubricants.

welcome2.gif
thankyou2.gif

...and thank you for sharing your experience with Milesyn.

I failed to mention that I too have been using their SXR5W20 in my 2003 Accord V6 and it will go into the Wifes 2000 Accord and my 2008 Type S when they come due for changes, although once the 5 gallons of 5W20 is used up I'll be switching them all over to SXR5W30 since that is a little more suited for the wifes car and I would really like to just keep one oil on hand that I can use in all three instead of two different oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back