I’ve got the flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of fluids like water and I like tea. Homemade soup or chicken noodle soup I find helps. And Mucinex DM “maximum strength” always worked for
Me

If you have any congestion whatsoever,grab some Mucinex D (the kind you have to show an ID for) and you'll feel like a million bucks!! I get ear infections all the time and that stuff is worth its weight in gold!!

Children's pedialite is the best way to get fluids in you. It has zinc, salts and electrolite and a few other minerals to combat fluid loss. Drink 2 liters a day plus other fluids.

Tip- Was in the dollar tree today and saw that they have 0.5L bottles for a dollar, which is $2 per liter, or about 30% the price of the pharmacy.

The flu is REALLY bad this year and could be a historic season.

Get that 12 hour Sudafed they keep behind the counter at Walmart. They make you show your I.D. and sign a logbook before buying it. While you're there, pick up a bottle nasal spray for 88 cents. It's the Equate brand and in conjunction with the Sudafed, works very well at keeping your sinuses clear. Take Ibuprofen for the aches and pains. Last but not least, lots of chicken soup.

One of the strains is a bad strain of flu. So take care of yourself. Fluids, sleep, take temperature. People have been hospitalized because of this strain of flu.

Originally Posted By: car51
Lots of fluids like water and I like tea. Homemade soup or chicken noodle soup I find helps. And Mucinex DM “maximum strength” always worked for
Me
. My wife and I started feeling bad Christmas Day and followed this exact same regimen, even down to the chicken noodle soup. We just started feeling better the last few days. Good luck

First of all, I wish you the best in getting over it. I'm curious if you got a flu shot in recent months. Strictly curiosity about this year's flu shot effectiveness. I've had good luck in recent years and if nothing else, I think the vaccine helps lesson the agony and length of the flu. The vaccines can be hit and miss, I guess.

This year they missed the flu shot big time. It's only about 7% effective compared to other years where it's 60%+. A friend of mine from college who works in medicine says it's one of the worst on record for being this far off woth the vaccine.

I just heard on the radio that San Diego alone has had over 10,000 Flu cases so far this season. And that is only the reported cases.

Test it and see if it is Influenza A, if it is take Tamiflu. If it is not, well, just rest and stay hydrated. Your body can fight it off in about 10 days.

Get well soon.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

The flu is REALLY bad this year and could be a historic season.

I keep hearing this but I think its overhyped. We have a total of 4000 cases in PA. and one 90 year old death.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Every single year they say the flu is "Much strong than last year"
it is a joke

yes i got my flu shot
my parents both have gotten the flu last week

Are they sick? yes.

Just like i would expect them to be if they got the flu

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Originally Posted By: Donald
One of the strains is a bad strain of flu.

Yes and I've heard the flu shot is having no affect on it.

Like it doesn't 90% of the time!

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Kinda late now but 3 drops each of Doterra (provider of essential oils) oregano, melaleuca, and lemon oil every 4 hours.

...in a diffuser or humidifier ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back