Made in USA shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be a pipe dream but looking for made in USA men's shoes in the $150 or less price range. I am looking for loafers/boat/slip on style shoes. I've found some stuff that is made in the USA such as Alden, Allen Edmond or Red Wing, but those are too expensive.

Red Wing has an Irish Setter line which at least one shoe uses made in USA leather for $150.

Anyone have any brands they know of that is made in the USA for less than $150 in the loafer/boat/slip on style?

If you're open to factory seconds, Allen Edmonds has their ShoeBank. A quick look and there's some loafer/boat shoe styles available at $149 that are made in the USA. Gotta look closely though, not all of the shoes listed are made in the USA.

https://www.shoebank.com/

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
May be a pipe dream but looking for made in USA men's shoes in the $150 or less price range. I am looking for loafers/boat/slip on style shoes. I've found some stuff that is made in the USA such as Alden, Allen Edmond or Red Wing, but those are too expensive.

Red Wing has an Irish Setter line which at least one shoe uses made in USA leather for $150.

Anyone have any brands they know of that is made in the USA for less than $150 in the loafer/boat/slip on style?

Neil M. used to be US made, but I haven't bought a pair in a few years (they last a LONG time, too).

http://www.neilmshoes.com

Look at postal shoes websites, they are made in the USA. I have bought made in USA Rocky postal shoes at the outlet store in Nelsonville, OH.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: SVTCobra

Neil M. used to be US made, but I haven't bought a pair in a few years (they last a LONG time, too).

http://www.neilmshoes.com
. I have a pair of NeilM dress shoes. Best fit and comfort I have found in a shoe in years.

Originally Posted By: 2009Edge
Look at SAS, San Antonio Shoe

Yep, I've been an SAS customer since I found them ~20 years ago. A good shoe, comfortable, lightweight but durable, and made in the USA (Texas, obviously). They have a sneaker offering too, similar to New Balance.

Not entirely germane but my Wolverine work boots and my L.L.Bean rubber bottomed leathers are USA made.

I've been beggin' people FOR YEARS to buy some things from the USA at the least.

Now, I just try to spend "east". Nothing anti-Asian or anything like that. I just want to spread my pittance around as much as I can.

USA, Canada (clothing), Germnany, Belgium (my car). Just ry to find USA made socks. It's actually easy...if you care.

Yeah, stuff made in the USA mostly exists, but you'll likely have to pay more for it. I've been transitioning to Darn Tough socks lately, they seem to be pretty good quality.

FWIW, Keen has a few lines of "built in USA" hiking shoes that I really like. Rugged, and very waterproof. Yes, I know that doesn't answer the mail for loafers... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back