Oil Filter Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the forum for Oil Filter Cutters with no luck. I know I can use a hack saw to cut the filter but I noticed those nifty cutters that do a better job. What brand is your favorite cutter and about how much does it cost?

Thanks

SF

You should browse the tools section here
grin.gif
. He might not ship to Canada, but it will give you an idea since there's an Amazon link in there.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...ee_#Post4596625

Last edited:
My wife bought me the JEGS filter cutter ($40) for Christmas. I've only cut open a handful so far, but it does the job. I'm sure the more expensive ones are nice too. I'm going to be cutting maybe 10 or so a year so I think it'll do just fine for my purposes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Longacre. Buy once cry once.

I agree! Bought one and as much as I use it, it should last the rest of my life.

Originally Posted By: nicklx
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Longacre. Buy once cry once.

I agree! Bought one and as much as I use it, it should last the rest of my life.

+1 I like mine. It is fast, efficient and does not cause other damage.

I have the Jegs cutter. I do not recommend it. The blade is not very hard and gets damaged easily. I have tube cutters at work that I use to cut hundreds of 301 1/2 hard steel and the blades look 10x better than my jegs blade after 3 filters.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I like the Longacre I purchased several years ago. Made several improvement to the cutter wheel arrangement.

Haven't you seen all the DENSO you need to see?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I like the Longacre I purchased several years ago. Made several improvement to the cutter wheel arrangement.

What kind of improvements have you made to the cutting wheel arrangement?

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
Harbor Freight pip cutter,$9.95 ,last you a lifetime!

Not any more. The # 3 Pipe cutter has been discontinued for quite a few years.

I have a Glennco Filter cutter I got off of e-bay for ~$40. It is OK, but the Longacre is the cream of the crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back