Impressed with Mobil 1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently bought a used Acura RLX and the dealership changed oil and other things as part of their certified pre-owned check list. Called the dealership to find out what oil they use and was told it was M1

I'm wondering how my Accord would "like" Mobil 1 0W20 over PP and QSUD (which QSUD so far has been my favorite). Was it just the plain M1 0W20 the dealership used?

Im more impressed that your impressed with that
smirk.gif

So, you're impressed with Mobil 1 oil, or the dealership?

Most places now offer a "premium" service package; upgraded filters and lubes. No surprise there.

I'm sure you paid for the oil in the purchase price of the car; they don't give that stuff away. And you probably paid a premium over their cost just for them to use it.

What was so impressive here? I'm not trying to make fun of you, but I don't understand what you're enamored with.

Originally Posted By: deven
Recently bought a used Acura RLX and the dealership changed oil and other things as part of their certified pre-owned check list. Called the dealership to find out what oil they use and was told it was M1

And your signature says you have Royal Purple in the car already. So the M1 wasn't in there long even though you were impressed by it.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
What's impressive about Mobil 1 in this situation?

I'm curious as well.

Outstanding Mobil 1
I am extremely impressed.
01.gif
01.gif
01.gif
01.gif

I may just stop using everything but Mobil 1 products after seeing this testimonial!

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
So, you're impressed with Mobil 1 oil, or the dealership?

Most places now offer a "premium" service package; upgraded filters and lubes. No surprise there.

I'm sure you paid for the oil in the purchase price of the car; they don't give that stuff away. And you probably paid a premium over their cost just for them to use it.

What was so impressive here? I'm not trying to make fun of you, but I don't understand what you're enamored with.

Certified to us when I was selling cars meant they hiked the price and called it certified. They even had paperwork for it. You're right, the Mobil 1, if even used was factored into the cost.

So... 0w20 (most likely the recommended spec) was in the engine when you bought it. You're somehow impressed by Mobil 1 (let's just say the cold start is quiet and the car runs good) and you instantly dumped it in favor of some RP in 5w30??? (Probably not the recommended viscosity)

I'm so confused by this bogus thread. What on Earth...?!?!?!

Without actual proof, you really don’t know what went into your Lexus at the dealer. It could have been a generic branded Synthetic blend or conventional oil. Dealers generally put cost effective (cheap) oils in to get the vehicles out the door. Sometimes they won’t even do that if the oil appears new and clean.

But all this doesn’t matter anymore now that you have RP in the sump.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Without actual proof, you really don’t know what went into your Lexus at the dealer. It could have been a generic branded Synthetic blend or conventional oil. Dealers generally put cost effective (cheap) oils in to get the vehicles out the door. Sometimes they won’t even do that if the oil appears new and clean.

But all this doesn’t matter anymore now that you have RP in the sump.

But do we have proof that RP isn't generic branded synthetic with purple dye?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
And your signature says you have Royal Purple in the car already.
So the M1 wasn't in there long even though you were impressed by it.
crazy.gif

Yeah..... who does THAT?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm wondering how my Accord would "like" Mobil 1 0W20 over PP and QSUD (which QSUD so far has been my favorite). Was it just the plain M1 0W20 the dealership used?

Ya it was the plain M1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back