Do you like eating at Chipotle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not bad if you know what to order, but I doubt anyone going their first time will get the perfect meal.

I like to get a bowl with the tortilla on the side since this gets you more food for the same price.

Never have had the opportunity. In fact, I've never been any place where there was a Chipotle. Isn't that the chain that had the food poisoning problem?

I like it a lot. There's one really convenient to where I work and they're really fast. There's not really anything to recommend; you just pick the things you like. It's "Subway-style" in that you tell them what you're having (bowl, burrito, tacos) and then tell them what you want in it.

I would recommend a burrito or a bowl as the tacos are the same price but you don't get as much food. Also, if you get only veggies and no meat, you get free guacamole!

I have twice. Pricey for what you get and all the food poisoning reports have kept me away. We have a local family owned Mexican restaurant that is great so no reason to take a chance on Chipotle.

I've eaten at them a lot, especially back when I lived in FL pre 2011. Nowadays, I don't have one local and even if I did, I don't think I'd go. Better local options. Recently, their stores and employees seem kind of unkempt and it seems like every month they have some sort of food contamination issue.

I prefer 'Moe's' (Southwest Grill) for that type food...I like Panera Bread too.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Do you like eating at Chipotle ?

I still have never eaten at Chipotle due to the packed parking lot. Any recommendations ?

Heavens no. That place is almost as ridiculously bad as Taco Bell, but at least Taco Bell doesn't pretend to be good. But then I have plenty of real Tex/Mex choices- I don't really know how the local Chipotle stores even stay in business.

Never liked it.

Moe's , on the other hand, love that place!

But Moe's has gotten too expensive. Just like Subway. At the pricepoint they had 5 years ago, they were great. Now, not worth it

Eat there twice a week- once with the wife and once with the co-workers. There are times however, when it just isn't satisfying.

I went there to get a takeout order. They promptly fixed my order and called my name. A young man held out my order with one hand and held out his other hand palm up. When I reached for the order but did not respond to his palm up hand he pulled back the order just a bit and held it out of my reach and extended his palm up hand a little farther. I left without my order and I've never returned.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

I still have never eaten at Chipotle due to the packed parking lot. Any recommendations ?

Also, just do yourself a favor... forget about Chipotle, get on a plane to Phoenix, then Uber to Cafe Rio in Tempe or Scottsdale. It will change your life forever.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I went there to get a takeout order. They promptly fixed my order and called my name. A young man held out my order with one hand and held out his other hand palm up. When I reached for the order but did not respond to his palm up hand he pulled back the order just a bit and held it out of my reach and extended his palm up hand a little farther. I left without my order and I've never returned.
That's just ignorant. Never had that happen to me- probably a good thing it hasn't.

Eat there all the time. We always online order and just walk in and pickup our stuff to go without a wait (usually). Never wait in the line.

Chipotle is better than 95% of the other food options to pick up while on the go. We don't really eat out often at all (once every few weeks), but it's usually Chipotle when we do.

I've never tried it, but if I have to pay separately for some guacamole, it's a no-go for me.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back