Bama or Ga....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Dawgs bite or will the Tide roll tonight? I don’t have a dawg in this fight but I’m hoping they pull it off.

Roll Tide.

2012-January-2-14-12-21.jpg

One of the weakest schedules in CFB, lost to a 7th ranked team- and outside of the Sugar Bowl they weren't anything special. But again, here they are in the title game, because it's Saban and Bama and they are allowed in the spotlight by default... I can only hope the hounds come unleashed and embarrass them.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
here they are in the title game, because it's Saban and Bama and they are allowed in the spotlight by default... I can only hope the hounds come unleashed and embarrass them.

I certainly dislike Bama and Saban. But name a team that deserved it more? Georgia has a life long tendency to choke in really big games. I do hope they win.

Alabama will win the game. Georgia will not be able to run the ball on Alabama.

Who cares about the CFP Invitational tournament?

The national championship was decided in Atlanta last week.

FUV7_3r9.jpg

^^^^^^^^^

Let's see this team beat 3 legitimate top 5 teams in a season... Bet it does not happen.

I would have liked to see what UCF could have done against either of these teams. The NCAA needs to go to an 8 team playoff for the championship.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
^^^^^^^^^

Let's see this team beat 3 legitimate top 5 teams in a season... Bet it does not happen.
Has this scenario ever happened?

No. They don't. 4 is good enough..

Let UCF schedule Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and or Ohio State in the "regular" season. Bet they will never do it. For their non conference schedule it will be Welfare State and Food Stamp University... Easy to sit back and cry about not getting in when you lack the testicular fortitude to schedule real meaningful opponents in the regular season. If UCF or Boise State or whoever played 2 top 5 teams and another 1 ranked in the top ten for a total of 3 then they would have all the place in the world to complain.
And yes I know Alabama and others schedule "cupcakes" on their schedule too. Like Alabama State etc.. However, their conference schedule does make up for that. Plus having the conference championship game as well against another highly ranked opponent.
Again here we go down that slippery slope of... Ohh it's not fair.... Well guess what... If we make it 8 teams then whoever is left out at 9 or 10 is whining... And so on... College Basketball there is a total open field... Even after the regular season... Conference tournaments. In fact just several years ago Arkansas was the worst team in the SEC and actually won all the games in the conference tournament to get an automatic bid into the NCAA tournament. That concept works well for basketball because it obviously is no where near as physical as football. In college football your conference tournament is actually during the regular season... I am all right college basketball "Everybody" makes their own conference tournament. But in college football the regular season ACTUALLY matters. And it is a good thing in my opinion. We already have enough "participation" events in the world of sports. I say let us set a limit somewhere and stick to it... Challenge everyone to schedule better and thus play better.. Being perfectly honest I don't think Alabama should have made the Four.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero

Let UCF schedule Alabama,

We tried. Bama was too busy playing Mercer in week 12.

Originally Posted By: BubbaFL
bbhero said:
Let UCF schedule Alabama,

We tried. Bama was too busy playing Mercer in week 12.
!

Last edited:
Yeah... We tried... Well yeah... Alabama State was on their schedule as well.... Your conference is not a very good conference.. Like it or not. You played only 1 team, one game from the SEC... Let's see UCF play Alabama, Auburn, and Georgia in three consecutive weeks..

Last edited:
I don't disagree that schools from the big 5 play soft out of conference games.. they do... But again they actually play REAL tough teams in their own conference... Here's the deal... UCF schedules REAL teams in their non conference schedule... And the teams from the big 5 are forced to take those games. I do think that should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back