Floor Mat Run-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what you guys put under your floor mats to keep the carpet dry/clean. And don't say Weathertech or Husky.
grin2.gif

I use a generic Floor Matt with raised sides.
That keeps the water contained.

Then I keep a 2x4x6 inch sponge sitting on the floor matt to soak up any snow that melts.
If needed, I wring out the sponge.

When I had an old beater (with NO carpeting),
I drilled holes in the floor to drain the water.

Last edited:
You really want the floor mat to stick or be anchored to the carpet. Having the floor mat slide around is dangerous.

If you want something to contain snow melting from your boots in the winter get generic ones at various stores or Husky/WeatherTech. But don't put anything on top of them.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Well really doesn't everyone own Weathertech?

I have Husky. And they're filthy.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
And don't say Weathertech or Husky.
grin2.gif

HuskyLiners!
crackmeup2.gif

They really are that great.

Try some waxed paper found in the grocery store. Tape the seems where overlapped. What about cutting a tarp?

And don't say Weathertech or Husky.
grin2.gif

Rugged Ridge
04.gif

I have the Ford accessory all weather mats in my Mustang and have been very happy with them. You never put something under a floor mat, especially on the driver's mat.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Why would it get dirty under the mats?

I mean some type of material under the mats to soak up the water from dirty melting snow that runs off the floor mats.

There's no way carpeting is going to stay dry unless you clean/swap floormats daily during a bad winter.

I know you didn't want to hear it, but yes, I've tried WeatherTechs and Huskys.

For melted snow and slush I sometimes lay a newspaper in the mat, give it about an hour and dispose of the soggy newspaper.

Last edited:
I have the Weathertechs in my Ram and it has a trough that leaks out onto the door sill or back underneath the mat and soaks my carpet.
Sh*tty design! I currently have a rolled up towel I place in this area to help soak up the slop/water than comes from my boots when I enter. Yes, I do kick my boots off before swinging them in.
My wife's new Husky liners aren't like this. The are more bowl/dish like if you will and keep the water inside, where it belongs, a lot better than my Weathertechs.

If I had of only know/heard about Huskys back then and not been such a Kool-Aid, Weathertech drinker, I would have purchased a set of those instead.

I was wondering what you guys put under your floor mats to keep the carpet dry/clean. And don't say Weathertech or Husky.
grin2.gif

Walmart does carry a floor mat that is dish shaped, for an affordable price.

I used to put newspaper under til I realized it was utterly pointless as it just kept my floors wet. I have a simple winter car mat in it and thats it. The floor does still get wet but its not exactly avoidable. I dont worry about it. In spring I spray it down with a heavy coat of carpet cleaner and use an extractor to pull up the dirty water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back