Enerburn Diesel fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.enerteck.net/Enerburn.aspx

I read extensively on the diesel fuel additive link above and decided to give it a try.
My truck as listed in my sig is a '15 F350 6.7 PowerStroke. I have bulk tanks on-site (BP Diesel Supreme) which is where all of the fuel used since Dec.1 has come from. I also use John Deere winter formula diesel fuel additive. This time of the year my commute is more like 50/50 highway/city, and as most have experienced since Christmas its been brutally cold here in the midwest as this past saturday I had to make a 240 mi. trip. I left in -8F and returned in +8F.

For those who aren't familiar with modern diesel equipped trucks the exhaust has whats called a Diesel Particulate Filter that when full needs to be "cleaned" through a regeneration process. Ford has a 500 mi. default regen built into its computer programming, so regardless of DPF level it goes into regen.
With my truck I have almost always went to 500 mi. before the regen process begins, the dash has a DPF % screen and generally at 500 mi. it would be either 95% or full, so 30-40 mi. per adding 5% on the dash screen.

I am currently on my 4th tank with Enerburn in the fuel and I cannot believe the results. On the initial tank i did notice extending the distance of 5% increases by 5 - 10 mi. Now on the 4th tank this past sat, which was a highway commute, I am now extending the 5% increases to just over 100 m.! I simply can't believe this additive works as well as I am noticing.

On this trip I had reached the 500 mi. threshold for regen, the DPF gauge only showed 80% and the previous regen I had to cut short, so it had only cleaned down to 55%. The Ford gauge/programming on this model year only show the cleaned DPF level 20%-30%.

Anyone with a diesel engine should at the very least read the literature, but from my personal experience it works as advertised.

I looked at at it after they spammed another forum I belong to. Based on their claims, that were pretty flaky and all over the map, and the cost...it didn't pay for itself.

Is it paying for itself in reduced fuel usage RR1 either from better MPG or shorter regen times (which would bump up your MPG obviously)?

Will be watching this closely as I trust you waaaay more than the sales spammer.

With the recent cold weather fuel mileage is a tough one to try to compare. But as I had stated the gain in reduced regen time is unbelievable, so that is a gain by itself. I do have another 240 mi. trip to make sometime this week I will try to keep this thread updated, but honestly I probably won't be able to compare mpg until spring as weather permits.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I do not have any % values I can see for regen in my 2015 Powerstroke.

Your dealer can enable it through the IDS.

I look forward to the updates, roadrunner. I've seen some advertising for this product and maybe others of the type, but haven't looked into them. My OTR truck only does active regens during extended idling, as the consistent heavy loads take care of the soot while driving.

Hot weather idling is good for about 8-9 hours before a regen is activated, but cold weather idling can make a regen necessary after just 2-3 hours. My truck only idles (off and on) in the cold to maintain oil temps and sometimes charge the batteries, but it's usually enough during an overnight break to bring on a regen.

All that blabbering to say that maybe I could try the Enerburn in the winter, or even experiment in the summer to see if fuel economy improves. I'm awaiting more from your own trials, and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
As of now I can't prove that it pays for itself, but all indications are pointing that direction. My winter driving has been very sporadic, but regen times have been greatly reduced vs. pre treated fuel, which by itself should prove to be break even at worst.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
As of now I can't prove that it pays for itself, but all indications are pointing that direction. My winter driving has been very sporadic, but regen times have been greatly reduced vs. pre treated fuel, which by itself should prove to be break even at worst.

roadrunner1 any updates on this? I am interested in using it, thanks

It seems to be working as advertised, although I am about a month away from my 300 mi. a day highway routine.

I do have a kerosene stove in my shop that runs all winter that I added Eneburn to last fall, it has always gummed up and needed to be cleaned a couple times per winter. About a month ago I had to shut it down due to an igniter issue and couldn't believe how clean the pot was.

I have ordered a whole case of Eneburn and intend to treat all of my diesel powered engines this season.

I had some eBay bucks about to expire so I purchased a bottle of this. I have been logging my regens with the forscan app for about 1500 miles. Around town I regen between 180 and 250 miles and long distance best I got was 408 miles. Enerbun goes in on my next fill up and I will post my results.

This test for me is really hard to gauge. Seems when the truck goes into regen it does not always burn to zero. Sometimes it stops as high as 40%, so an accurate comparison is proving difficult.

Overall it seems my regen times are further apart, but my data is compromised by the different regen times.

I've been using Enerburn for a year now and just finished my second bottle. My regen intervals went from about 350 miles without to 500 miles with Enerburn. My driving is too varied to get a handle on MPG changes, but less soot in the exhaust, EGR and engine oil is fine with me.
FWIW, BetterDiesel, a distributor of Enerburn has reduced the recommended dose from 1oz per 25 gallons, to 1oz per 30 gallons of diesel with the same results for less money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back