How much oil is spilled in Walmart Parking Lots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always amazed at the puddles of motor oil in parking lots (just picking on Walmart for fun). Sometimes it looks like someone's oil pan dumped it's contents. I'm amazed that those cars can even make it home. If you added up all the volume it's probably somewhere close to the Valdez spill.

SF

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Lots of lower income folks can't afford the repairs of old beater vehicles.

Right!

According to the AAA, 2/3 of vehicle owners can't afford the/any repairs on their vehicles.

But, they can afford cigarettes, beer/liquor, illegal drugs and IPhone 10 etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Right!
According to the AAA, 2/3 of vehicle owners can't afford the/any repairs on their vehicles.

I saw where half of America can't come up with $1000 in cash.

Noticed that too. When you go to a higher priced store, you barely see anything on the ground. Good point.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Noticed that too. When you go to a higher priced store, you barely see anything on the ground. Good point.

Around these parts, even at high end shopping where you see a lot of BMWs, there are plenty of oil leaks on the pavement.
15.gif

Last edited:
I actually notice and think of this myself since I like to park faaaar out and avoid stepping on oil spots. Generally, the area the store is located matters quite a bit. I was at a Kroger store in a bad area of town, Eakin & Harrisburg pike in Columbus, OH and noticed lots of oil and older vehicles in the parking lot. The Kroger on Sawmill in Dublin, OH has much newer and well cared for vehicles.

For years I have made a habit while walking thru parking lots:

Do not walk where the vehicles engine was located - if you do,
better chance of tracking motor oil into your house.

The worst is when it's raining and you step in puddles with a shiny layer of oil on the top.

Auto parts stores are far worse than any other places when it comes to oil and other fluids spilled/leaked onto the pavement.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Maybe they can develop a Walmart Parking Lot Oil Spill Index (WPLOS) to gauge the state of the economy.

SF

That already exists. It's when Kraft looks at the sales figures of its 75 cent boxes of Macaroni and Cheese.

I used to work for Kraft.

I always thought a small amount of oil spilled can make the appearance of a larger spill--looks can be deceiving.

I wonder if it's also because the same person parked in the same spot, and their leakage accumulated. If it was an employee who opened the store, they might keep using the same spot for months. A small leak might look large as a result.

Right!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Char Baby said:
I saw where half of America can't come up with $1000 in cash.

70% of "working" folks live paycheck to paycheck..and yes many "working" people are doing minimum wage stuff.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Right!

laugh.gif

I've even seen bums with cell phones.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Maybe they can develop a Walmart Parking Lot Oil Spill Index (WPLOS) to gauge the state of the economy.

SF

That already exists. It's when Kraft looks at the sales figures of its 75 cent boxes of Macaroni and Cheese.

I used to work for Kraft.
In Champaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back