Can a daughter look nothing like her father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman is 21 and bears no resemblance in the face. The only possible resemblance is that she may have gotten her height (5'10") from her dad? This is not a daytime TV show who's the daddy thing. The young lady in question was put up for adoption at birth, is attending college and seeking her biological father out.

Last edited:
Absolutely!

I knew a family with two daughters. The father was tall & lean, with dark brown hair, brown eyes & chiseled features.
The mother was short & rounder, with blue eyes & natural blonde hair, & a round face shape.

I once dated the elder of the two sisters. She was tall & beautiful features like a model, Brown hair & brown eyes, very striking in appearance & obviously her father's daughter.
Her younger sister had blonde hair & blue eyes & was much more round & sort of plump. Honestly, you couldn't possibly guess the two of them were sisters. The older one resembled her father & had almost none of the physical features of her mother. The younger one was the spitting image of her mother, & had almost no physical features at all of her father.

Genetics is a funny thing… My brother & I look absolutely nothing alike, either.

My daughter doesn't look at all like me, She looks like my wifes dad has red hair like her mom.

I know a blonde haired, blue eyed man who married an Asian woman. One of his daughters looked like she's 100% Asian, and his other daughter is 6 feet tall with blonde hair and blue eyes, with zero Asian features.

Both mother and father are nowhere near 6 feet.

Genetics are weird sometimes.

Two friends of mine from high school, both dark hair and dark eyed, somehow made a blonde, green eyed baby.

My mom looks nothing like her parents.
I look like nothing like my parents, but very closely resemble my mom's brothers and their kids.

I definitely inherited a lot of traits from my father's side of the family, though.

None of us are adopted or had any switchery going on.

My best friend in high school, had two brothers. The oldest brother (my friend) looked like his mother, the youngest looked like his father. The middle brother looked like the mailman.

Wait... what?

There is a test that can sort this kind of problem out. It has been done without the knowledge of the child or mother by a suspicious father. I would not want to be around if the results came back with the wrong result.

I have a daughter by my first wife and one by my second wife. I don t think they look like me, but they look enough alike to definitely be called sisters. Both have my green eyes and black hair and carry a tan very well like I do.

I have 3 sons, None look like me or their mother, and non look like each other, but all 3 have clearly identifiable family characteristics. Major genetic clash here.
grin2.gif

My kids all resemble me at least faintly. My step-kids on the other hand...one is olive-complected, short, black hair, the other is MUCH taller, red hair, pale skin and freckles, but they have similar facial features, especially in profile.

I told the red head I always wanted a "red headed stepchild"

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The woman is 21 and bears no resemblance in the face. The only possible resemblance is that she may have gotten her height (5'10") from her dad? This is not a daytime TV show who's the daddy thing. The young lady in question was put up for adoption at birth, is attending college and seeking her biological father out.

So she thinks she knows who her bio father is but there's no resemblance so there's a question?

If you moved away during the period your children were being born and growing up; and you noticed a strong resemblance between at least one of your children, and you find that you still have the same mailman or milkman as before you moved, you could justifiably be suspicious!

Rodney Dangerfield said it best:

I told my son the other day that one day he would have kids of his own. He said "So will you."

Had a buddy go through this a couple of years ago.
Its just natural curiosity.
If they do find BioDad, they realize they have nothing in common with him.
That's what happened with her.
Met up with him and his family a couple of times and the drifted back apart.
End of story.

The one that raised them is the one they love.
Just the way it works no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back