Painted my front license plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
For so excited to see the Canadiens beat Vancouver that I decided to add a little something to my front license plate which happens to be the Habs logo.

Its my first coat of glow paint. Masked off around,scuff sanded and will apply two more coats here in next day or two. Kinda had fun doing this. You give up beer and mindless hobbies happen.

25.gif

I am thinking of painting my "E series white/blue NY license plate as most of the "E" series plates have peeling paint. If you bring it to DMV you get an ugly orange replacement.

My favorite painted on license [plate was one I saw from South Carolina. Remembering that North Carolina plates say "First in Flight", this person had painted "First to Secede" on top of their plate.

Per the standard NY plate, fifty years ago, when you changed your plate every year due to it rusting out, they were always yellow and blue and the next year, blue and yellow.

In Florida, last time I checked, there were over 110 speciality plates. Has to be over 130 by now. (I have one for each car - US Navy).

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Per the standard NY plate, fifty years ago, when you changed your plate every year due to it rusting out, they were always yellow and blue and the next year, blue and yellow.

In Florida, last time I checked, there were over 110 speciality plates. Has to be over 130 by now. (I have one for each car - US Navy).

I have a horrible story about Florida custom plates and painting.

Dude I used to work with got himself his dream car: An unmarked police Crown Victoria P71.

He speced it out to the T. Little lights, wig wags behind the grille, etc. Only thing that stuck in his craw was that he didn't have one of those yellow city/county/state license plates to go with it.

Now, there is a yellow civilian license plate. Specialty plate.

So he goes down to the Tax Collector's Office, gets himself a yellow "Choose Life" specialty license plate, and paints over the little smiling children in the center of the plate, and the "Choose Life" logo.

In order to prevent any RSP violation, I'm simply going to say I'm neutral on "that topic", but that's just wrong no matter which side of the table you sit on.
grin.gif

Might get you a ticket. Defacing license plates is a violation in many jurisdictions. Even badly worn or otherwise degraded plates can result in a violation.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Might get you a ticket. Defacing license plates is a violation in many jurisdictions. Even badly worn or otherwise degraded plates can result in a violation.

In NY the DMV obviously knows who has an "E" license plate. If they are concerned about the peeling they can send me another.

The NY law only states it must be visable from 60'.

Im just glad we dont have or require front license plates. Makes all the Lamborghini/Ferrari cars look awful. Stone throw away in Missouri I see it all the time. Hideous I say but at least it gives us a warning that a Mizzou is on the road. Back plate says I know I know,license and registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back