Hats off to Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my iPhone 6 in today for a battery replacement (purchased on release day 2014.)

Went back in two hours, had to wait an additional hour or so. No big deal, that's what the bar next door is for.

Went back a third time, ended up waiting five minutes because there was some issue with my repair. The girl comes out and says my old phone won't turn on after the battery replacement. Their solution was to replace my old phone with a brand new (not a refurb) iPhone 6.

My old phone had a missing camera lens, a non-functional touch ID, a third-party replacement screen, a non-working headphone jack, and a non-functioning earpiece.

Will I buy another Apple product when the time comes? You bet.

My iphone 6s was part of a "customer satisfaction" campaign (not a recall, but Id say one by any other name), and they handled it fast, efficient and very easily. I was most pleased.

I like how they purposely slow down older phones so you have to buy a new one...then get caught and pretend to be good corp citizens.

I've never owned an apple product.
I've also never had any problems with my Androids.

Will I buy another Android again?
You bet!

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high

My old phone had a missing camera lens, a non-functional touch ID, a third-party replacement screen, a non-working headphone jack, and a non-functioning earpiece.

Hey, that's an almost perfect description for an iPhone X.
grin.gif

On a serious note, I keep telling people with older iPhones to take advantage of this great opportunity pronto. It's good to see Apple correcting the problem.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I've never owned an apple product.
I've also never had any problems with my Androids.

Will I buy another Android again?
You bet!

I’ve had both. I like Apple better.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I like how they purposely slow down older phones so you have to buy a new one...then get caught and pretend to be good corp citizens.

Yep.

Apple burned me to the tune of $329 for an replacement 5C that was supposed to be under warranty.

I have NO LOVE for Apple's policies.

I believe the iPhone 6 is still an incredible phone. I was given mine when they first came out and the battery has slowly declined but still lasts all day. According to Apple, they will soon issue an update which will include info on battery health, ie, a built in APP on the batterys condition.

I have a 5S and two 5s. The 5S and one of the 5s need new batteries but Apple won't give me a break on replacement batteries. Oh well. I keep them charging when in my car, or home. When on battery alone, battery power goes fast.

Some day, I may buy an SE. Don't want anything bigger. (Rumor has it that Apple may bring out an updated "smaller" iPhone, same size as present SE for those of us who don't want the larger 6 or 7 or 8 or X size). (Of course, we can believe all Apple rumors < grin>).

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I have a 5S and two 5s. The 5S and one of the 5s need new batteries but Apple won't give me a break on replacement batteries. Oh well. I keep them charging when in my car, or home. When on battery alone, battery power goes fast.

Some day, I may buy an SE. Don't want anything bigger. (Rumor has it that Apple may bring out an updated "smaller" iPhone, same size as present SE for those of us who don't want the larger 6 or 7 or 8 or X size). (Of course, we can believe all Apple rumors < grin>).

You can buy a new battery for your phones on Ebay for $5-6 and if you have good eyesight and can follow directions it's an easy replacement.

They made it clear why the older phones are performance throttled -- to make the battery last a somewhat reasonable amount of time after it has aged.

And this isn't an issue where one could say that Android phones are innocent -- because many Android phones no longer come with a removable battery. What says that Google doesn't some day put in similar code?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

They made it clear why the older phones are performance throttled -- to make the battery last a somewhat reasonable amount of time after it has aged.

And this isn't an issue where one could say that Android phones are innocent -- because many Android phones no longer come with a removable battery. What says that Google doesn't some day put in similar code?

I run an iPhone 6 for work. I can't really tell that anything is slower now that aim running 11.2 or whatever is the latest os.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
I believe the iPhone 6 is still an incredible phone. I was given mine when they first came out and the battery has slowly declined but still lasts all day. According to Apple, they will soon issue an update which will include info on battery health, ie, a built in APP on the batterys condition.

You can get a 3rd party app that does that now.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
Originally Posted By: ctrcbob

You can buy a new battery for your phones on Ebay for $5-6 and if you have good eyesight and can follow directions it's an easy replacement.

I'd be careful with those cheap batteries. I'd do some research and try to spring for an OEM unit if at all possible, or at least one from ifixit.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
I'd be careful with those cheap batteries. I'd do some research and try to spring for an OEM unit if at all possible, or at least one from ifixit.

I did the ifixit thing on my old 4S and eeked out another 2 or so years out of it. Plus their instructions are really good.

Id rather have no problems but good on them that they did that for you. Sounds like you have alot of issues with your iphone 6. My Note 5 still no issues experienced. Hope it stays that way since i dont want to buy another phone anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back