2018 Camaro 2.0T 6-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is this a nice daily driver for 20 grand? 2.0T with 275hp/295tq. stock, limited slip diff, manual trans. Decent touch-screen and interior. A tune puts it in the 340 hp range. Turbo swap in the 400's.

You can get the base model for 19k+TTL. That to me is a steal. Chevy's last pocket rocket, the Cobalt SS Turbo, was $ 24,000 back in 2008, and that thing was built like a tuna can compared to this.

The stock wheels are ugly, but the smaller size makes them perfect candidates for winter tires. SS wheels can be had on e-bay for under a grand.

I used to rag on non-SS Camaro's of the past SO hard, but this is basically a Cadillac ATS Coupe for 19k. Totally different animal than the bloated 4th and 5th gens with minivan V6's.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/702258483/overview/

https://zzperformance.com/ats/stage-kits/zzp-stage-1-kit.html

d33fa0c36705df260918c903e420b1f1.jpg

2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-1LT-Interior-06.jpg

1283.jpg

Originally Posted By: LotI
Lease and dump. I can’t imagine the resale of a base model GM vehicle. Oh yeah, GM wants you dead too.

I'd drive this for 10+ years. I can careless about resale.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
It IS a steal at around $20k.
Downside: not enough window to keep out of trouble.

The view isn't bad once you get used to it. It's all about the mirrors, plus the backup camera helps.

That seems like a deal for $20K! I am not a fan however, of the inexpensive looking dash and wheels. As you mentioned the wheels can be easily updated.

Had similar for rent cars and fun to drive … would be nice to have some sonar with mirror indicator …
Wear out the first set of tires and get tire/wheel upgrade later on …

I like the car, decent performance, nice handling and good mpgs. If the car is reliable 10 years for 20,000.00 makes me want one.

2016 Camaro 1LT RS 2.0L Turbo owner here. Absolutely love it! Only options are 8spd auto (factory remote start is nice in fridgid temps. And I just like the newer autos very much). The RS package is nice for the headlights but the rest of the rs package can be done by owner in a more personalized way (pick your own aftermarket rims and rubber and put on a 1LE blade spoiler).

The one in the pictures above looks like it has the infotainment upgrade (8" screen, MyLink, 9 speaker Bose stereo system).

That upgrade is a welcoming must!

I haven't dyno'd my car but should be at about 330 HP / 355 TQ TO THE FLYWHEEL. catless downpipe and 94 octane tune and air intake.

Handling you say?. The LT in stock form is decent but more on the comfort side than performance side. It's sporty.

I've replaced the FE2 LT suspension and fitted FE3 SS shocks (got em for free!) with Eibach lowering springs and an adjustable stiffer sway bar up front with the metal SS end links (the LT links are composite) and the ZL1 sway bar in the rear. The car is ridiculous in the corners now. Even just changing lanes is fun lol. Very flat!

Given the light weight of the car with suspension likely ends up out handling a much more expensive car on a tight track or mountain twisties. Combined with a sunroof and a good stereo system...it's a great driving experience!

Oh and it also gets around 34-40 mpg highway.

I also come from the 500-1000HP boosted GM LS V8 world. The wallet likes the 2.0L Turbo much better.

And it's daily driven year round in Alberta Canada. Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded in OEM size and winters aren't an issue at all.

Had no idea you could pick one up for $20k, that's a lot of car for the money.

In theory it is a great vehicle, if one was looking for a personal car daily driver. I'd suspect it's pretty heavy, doesn't have great visibility, etc. but that may not matter depending upon what you're looking to use it for.

For someone with a mild winter and a decent highway commute, you could do a lot worse. For that price, resale isn't really even a consideration...

Originally Posted By: Roland1
2016 Camaro 1LT RS 2.0L Turbo owner here. Absolutely love it! Only options are 8spd auto (factory remote start is nice in fridgid temps. And I just like the newer autos very much). The RS package is nice for the headlights but the rest of the rs package can be done by owner in a more personalized way (pick your own aftermarket rims and rubber and put on a 1LE blade spoiler).

The one in the pictures above looks like it has the infotainment upgrade (8" screen, MyLink, 9 speaker Bose stereo system).

That upgrade is a welcoming must!

I haven't dyno'd my car but should be at about 330 HP / 355 TQ TO THE FLYWHEEL. catless downpipe and 94 octane tune and air intake.

Handling you say?. The LT in stock form is decent but more on the comfort side than performance side. It's sporty.

I've replaced the FE2 LT suspension and fitted FE3 SS shocks (got em for free!) with Eibach lowering springs and an adjustable stiffer sway bar up front with the metal SS end links (the LT links are composite) and the ZL1 sway bar in the rear. The car is ridiculous in the corners now. Even just changing lanes is fun lol. Very flat!

Given the light weight of the car with suspension likely ends up out handling a much more expensive car on a tight track or mountain twisties. Combined with a sunroof and a good stereo system...it's a great driving experience!

Oh and it also gets around 34-40 mpg highway.

I also come from the 500-1000HP boosted GM LS V8 world. The wallet likes the 2.0L Turbo much better.

Great info, and your car looks great. I'm coming from a Cobalt SS and I absolutely love the 2.0 Ecotec. Such an underrated motor.

10282d1493773963-what-have-you-done-your-cobalt-today-photo645.jpg

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
In theory it is a great vehicle, if one was looking for a personal car daily driver. I'd suspect it's pretty heavy, doesn't have great visibility, etc. but that may not matter depending upon what you're looking to use it for.

For someone with a mild winter and a decent highway commute, you could do a lot worse. For that price, resale isn't really even a consideration...

It's under 3400lbs. Visibility is overstated, I've driven the 6th gen and it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I kind of like it, actually. The side mirrors are big enough and as long as you adjust them properly like they teach you in driver's ed there won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back