Gen 3 2019 Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all speculation at this point, but I like this styling rendition, and if they can reduce the weight a bit, and give it a genuine 200+ rwhp, it will sell.

2019 Hayabusa

Not bad on the styling, I like it. The saddle could be longer, after mounting a buddy's 750 I realized my ancient R1 has something special about it. I can choose sitting position due to saddle length, and the Gixxer was full lean always. No bueno for longer trips. Now it's the first thing I look at.

Thanks for sharing, still have that 'BIG Girl' look of a hayabusa, I like it
smile.gif

It'll be a monster, hopefully!

Looks really good. Too expensive and uncomfortable for my casual riding.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'm not into motorcycles but I thought 200+ RWHP was the norm for the various manufacturers flagship sport bikes ?

Typically the norm for 1300+ cc normally aspirated 4-cyl bikes these days. My 2000 Hayabusa was rated at 175~178 at the crank. The supercharged 1000cc Kawasaki H2SX is basically 200 HP at the crank, and hypersport H2 over 200. Of course boost is responsible for that.

That 3rd Gen Busa looks ptetty nice, I like it better than the Gen 2 Busa styling.

I like it a lot, the only problem I have with these style of bikes is in the USA you cant ride it. You can open the throttle briefly aim it, get the rush then have to back off. It looks comfortable enough for a sport cruiser, you probably wont need to shake the leg out too much.
Having ridden this style since 92 with the original CBR 900RR (a real sport bike not a sport cruiser)it would be torture to just bang around with this machine, add to that horrible roads and illegals with no license that cant even read street signs and you have a real problem on four wheels never mind two.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'm not into motorcycles but I thought 200+ RWHP was the norm for the various manufacturers flagship sport bikes ?

All the manufacturers give Horsepower figures at the crank. There is always some loss between the crank, and what is measured at the rear tire on a chassis Dyno. Then there is also the discrepancy between between different types of Dyno's, AND between the different methods and standards used to quantify the power.

To get the 200+rwhp figure on the typical (optimistic) Dynojet inertia dyno, there would need to be approx. 225 hp at the crank.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Wallet killer. go price insurance on one of those.,,,

I've owned mine for quite awhile now. I also own another sportbike that is in the unfriendly insurance rate category. And another on the way. There are lots of factors in insurance rates: Age, driving record, where you live, even credit rating matters with some insurance companies.

Amazing how much power these bikes put out. My old 1975 900 z1 Kawasaki would be such a slug against these modern sport bikes. I wonder what % of riders can use a Busa to it’s full potential...25%..10%...5%...?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Amazing how much power these bikes put out. My old 1975 900 z1 Kawasaki would be such a slug against these modern sport bikes. I wonder what % of riders can use a Busa to it’s full potential...25%..10%...5%...?

Not many but there would be a lot of dead ones that tried!

The way they hand out motorcycle licenses here I doubt 5% are capable of really riding it. These from the day they came out were classified as sport tourers in Europe (I call them sport cruisers) because of their handling abilities when compared to a full on sport bikes.
If you want to cruise all day at 100+mph they are great.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: gman2304

Not many but there would be a lot of dead ones that tried!

Yep. Even smaller bikes such as a GSXR 750 very few non professional racers could come close to riding it to the very limits. The average joe wearing expensive boots and leather doesn't make them skilled and only makes them think they're a much better rider... until they wreck.

Having helped teach advanced riding and racing classes, I'd say that everyone riding, could improve their riding skills. Even the very best, such as the MotoGP riders, are always learning.

Originally Posted by Trav
The way they hand out motorcycle licenses here I doubt 5% are capable of really riding it. These from the day they came out were classified as sport tourers in Europe (I call them sport cruisers) because of their handling abilities when compared to a full on sport bikes.
If you want to cruise all day at 100+mph they are great.

When i was foolish ,more foolish that today and yes there was 90% less traffic. We would cruise at over 120+ as possible. It was fun at the time. Over about 140 mph time compresses it is not comfortable. to me. 80 to 90 mph is a 4 wheeler is plenty . i am getting ancient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back