Tire pressure gauge suggestion(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
Looking for an accurate 0-100 PSI tire pressure gauge to purchase. I have a Milton aluminum stick gauge and a unknown brand digital, just looking for an accurate analog or digital gauge to update the tool/glove box. Need the high PSI for presta valve bicycle tires using a presta to Schrader adapter.

Round analog gauge is typically the most accurate. Best to get a gauge that is slightly over tire pressure. If tire pressure is 32 best to get 0-50 vs a 0-100.

Wouldn't you technically want a gauge that goes from 0 to somewhere around 200 psi? Since most gauges are most accurate in the middle, and not on the extreme ends?

0-100 will give good accuracy in the 40~60 PSI range. I just buy liquid filled pressure gauges and add a tire valve inflater. It's just pipe thread. No biggie. Just make your own
laugh.gif

The most important thing about a tire gauge is simply that you have one and actually check the tire pressure from time to time
smile.gif

I use one of those cheap ones that are like $1 at Walmart

Accutire-Standard-Chrome-Tire-Gauge_20090712812.jpg

I'd get a good bicycle pump. It will have both Presta and Schraeder. Don't get the kind you have top trust the lock lever, get the kind you pull back on. I prefer Blackburn, Planet Bike, Specialized, Pedro's, Silica.

The thing to remember with the pencil style gauges is if you drop them once...they will not be accurate again. I worked (briefly) at a fleet that was ISO certified for every stupid little thing. Everyone in the shop had to send their tire gauges out for testing every 6 months...and no pencil one ever came back as within spec. I agree with the mechanical analog dial gauges..as well as maybe some of the higher end digital ones. We use the digital ones from Haltec (they make all sorts of tire service goodies) but I find myself going back to the analog if I really want to be accurate.

Pulled the trigger, Accu-Gage...lifetime warranty on parts and re-calibration($3 service charge)

Originally Posted By: twouvakind
Thanks much all! Looking here https://www.ghmeiser.com/

I sent them a money order so the change wouldn't show up on my credit card. I didn't want the charges to show up because the gage was supposed to be a gift for my wife. Never received the gage. Emailed a number of times and no response. They cheated me. Accu Gage cheated me.

This is what I have. Inexpensive and works great. I don't remember for sure, but I think I got it at Walmart.

twouvakind said:
Pulled the trigger, Accu-Gage...lifetime warranty on parts and re-calibration($3 service charge) [/quote

i bought a accugage 0-60 and testing it against all my other 3 ( 1 dial 2 electronic) it was 2# off. all the others matched up within a 1/2 #

i have the joes one and its great. unfortunately they don't have a 0-100

If you have a Rural King near you, they stock several different Milton stick air pressure gauges in store, even one meant for liquid filled tires.
They are machines, inexpensive , made in the USA, accurate and you'll never need to replace a battery.

I've been happy with Accutire gauges, they can be a little kludgy with some wheels since they are shaped weird.

I need to get one for the glovebox, but I'll get a nice analog one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back