New Glock 19X or is it the 17S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you could do better than a Gen 4, and even that wasnt worth trading my gen 3 model 19. No thanks.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
It's a commander configuration, 4 inch barrel on a full size grip and no finger grooves. The military turned it down and they're tooled up so why not? They'll sell truckloads.

I didnt really think the 19 needed to go much larger of a grip, it was about perfect as it was...

While the true full size G4 (20-21) feels good in my hand, I see no benefit to it compared to my G3 19.

The 21 is going to have a bigger grip than a 17. It's a short barreled 17, maybe the OP was right with the 17S..

concealment isn't a concern for a military sidearm but 4 extra rounds probably are compared to a 19.

Originally Posted By: cool_breeze
cant use older 9mm mags, im out.

I think you can use Gen 4 mags in them. Gen 5 mags will not work unless due to the floor plate.

It's a commander configuration, 4 inch barrel on a full size grip and no finger grooves. The military turned it down and they're tooled up so why not? They'll sell truckloads.

Yep, the same idea as the old Colt Commander, but in a combat poop brown motif.

It's a commander configuration, 4 inch barrel on a full size grip

I don't like the reduced sight radius.

I'd rather see a 17 slide with a 19 grip, not the other way around. And I'm a huge fan of 1911 Commanders.

The 21 is going to have a bigger grip than a 17. It's a short barreled 17, maybe the OP was right with the 17S..

concealment isn't a concern for a military sidearm but 4 extra rounds probably are compared to a 19.

I'm aware; I used 21 just as an example of the extreme.

For military use, it all comes back to "what is the requirement". More isn't necessarily an advantage, unless threshold and objective levels are defined. Adherence to requirements is key.

I know that "new sells". Especially in regards to firearms. But in a way I hate to see Glock doing this. Pitching a new product just to increase sales. Yes, one could argue that it's the economically viable thing to do in order to remain "fresh" in business. And to promote your brand. But Glock has had a very good selling, reliable product since day one. And they've sold freight train loads of them all over the globe..... And continue to do so.

Now it seems they're coming out with more and different generations of pistols faster than the market can absorb them. They just introduced the Gen 5 guns a short time ago. Now this whole "X" deal. And the biggest mistake they could have made was not having it accept any and ALL Glock magazines.

Using myself as an example, and owner of 4, Gen 3, 9 MM Glock pistols, there is no way I would buy this thing. I literally have a big Tupperware bin full of Glock magazines worth hundreds of dollars, perhaps more. From 10 to 33 rounds in 9 MM. All will interchange with my 26, 19, 17, and 17-L. If I bought this thing I'm back to square one with magazines. No way. Glock appears to be starting to, "fix what isn't broke", with both this and the Gen 5 guns. All in an attempt to drum up new sales. I hope it works out for them. Even though there is no way I'll be a customer.

I own four G-19s (two gen3 and two gen4) and a G17. Like Bill, I’ve got a storage box of magazines, most new and unused.

Magazines don’t interchange?

Absolutely no interest in this pistol, then.

If I want to buy into a new firearm/magazine combination, there are lots of things I don’t own yet, that hold more interest than an incompatible Glock.

That said, because this was the modular handgun competitor, they’ll sell a ton.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I'd rather see a 17 slide with a 19 grip, not the other way around.

My thoughts exactly, and a lot of other people too.

I've often thought to myself that the ideal carry gun might be a G26 lower with a G19 slide. You get the best of both worlds - velocity of a 4" barrel along with better sight radius, as Linctex mentioned, and the concealability of the stubby G26 grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back