Do you hold grudges or let things go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a firm believer in letting things go. However I usually don't get really close to people which avoids me being hurt or greatly disappointed.

How about you all?

Originally Posted By: car51
Do’h. Brain [censored] there, sorry

Lol... Happens to us all

For some people like myself, it can go on for a long time.
Recently I realized (thanks to my holistic nutritionist spouse) it's due to my inability to process and release toxins. This ultimately is due to a bad liver from birth. I would dwell on problems/issues and in general, just be very immature with dealing with others.

It's actually very surprising and rewarding to know the root cause of my problem. Now I know what I can do to alleviate the symptoms AND the problem.

There’s this book I have read that says if we don’t forgive then we won’t be forgiven. Now that’s worth thinking about

I think holding a grudge only hurts you. Takes too much thought and energy. I'd rather move on and enjoy life. Let the miserable be miserable, i'm going to be happy.

I'm not going to hold a grudge. I didn't make the grudge, so I'm not going to hold it. If it's in my hands, I'll toss it straight in the trash can. The grudge can take care of itself. There's an old saying ... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again.

99.9% let it go.

To old for that and made to many of my own mistakes along the way.

UD

Some people run on angry. Must be the adrenal rush. When chemo was hurting so badly, I was beginning to feel sorry for the cancer cells. I realized that negativity and stress are bad for you. Life is stressful and can't be avoided, but negativity is between your ears and can be controlled. Negativity is a complete waste of energy.It adds stress needlessly. Somebody trespasses on your space, no matter how egregious the slight. You survived the event in good enough shape to plot revenge. Instead, devote your flagging energies toward fixing stuff. There is always stuff that needs fixing
grin2.gif

PS; it wasn't always this way with me, I went through life with a chip on my shoulder. A devout contrarian. I read in this book once , a best seller BTW, about a bad guy, a highwayman. Anyway, the guy is on the road to this place and it suddenly occurs to him that he isn't exactly an Eagle Scout or a Rhodes Scholar and what would his folk say about him turning out so bad? And that maybe he should change his ways and make his dad proud. It was was something like that, I didn't tell it as well as King James Please no R! I am not comparing my epithany to this guy. I re-found my faith in my fellow humans., the people who were fixing my sorry carcass. Thanks to anti-depressants and a change in mindset there is so much stuff /minutiae that is just like water off a duck's back.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I am a forgiving person. I can't hold grudges for longer than 5 minutes.

Sometimes it pays off but it has ended in a lot of times me being walked over. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back