Rotella Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Rotella T is going to be rebranded as Rotella T4. Is this correct? Also, regarding cold starting, I realize that within the Shell Rotella brand, full synthetic 0W-40 is best but I want to ask, would you notice any difference between Rotella T 10W-30 which is conventional oil vs Rotella T5 10W-30 which is semi synthetic oil with cold starting. I understand the presence of synthetics lowers the coefficient of friction and theoretically the engine should turn over easier. opinions? Also, maybe Chris the Shell Rotella guy can give us some wisdom. Thanks.

SF

I thought that happened already long time ago. And you may realize the difference between Rotella T 10W-30 and Rotella T5 10W30.

Last edited:
An oil with 0W or 5W is going to have easier cold weather starting than anything 10W. The difference between two different 10W-30 oils from Shell is going to be very little, but the syn blend 10W-30 could do slightly better for cold starts.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I bought this bottle of Rotella T 10w-30 last month. Maybe it’s one of the last ones?

It got changed in 2016 to T4 for the CK-4 release.

Hello! Yes, Rotella T4 Triple Protection replaces the old Rotella T oils. The higher quality base oil and additive technology in T5 will also mean an improvement in wear protection and extended drain capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back