2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
My 98 takes a PF-52, which is the long one IIRC.

Cool. My 1999 S-10 takes the same filter.

If the extended length will fit, and it isn't too much more expensive than the standard length, get the longer one
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
For the 4.3L V6 -- there's two filters available for it; a standard length and an extended length. Which one would you go with?

My 1999 S10 4X4 owners manual lists one filter for the 4.3... AC Delco PF52
Where are you finding that listing for two filters? Who's the source? I'll bet it's not a GM source.

Many vehicles have filters with diameters that can house different sizes / brands. But those are 2nd party outreaches, outside of GM, in 2000.
BTW... the other AC Delco that fits and is shorter is the PF47. But it's not an added option inside my GM owners manual.

Last edited:
A co worker had the shorter version on his S10 when he bought it. That thing was tiny and basically half the size. I imagine a quicky lube place used it and just wanted to carry the one type of filter. Not that they were wrong to do so, I'd just prefer the larger size.

If I recall correctly the 4wd models had the filter relocation to the front of the truck and took the longer PF52. 2wd models used the shorter PF47 on the block. I might be totally wrong on this. Friends '99 Sonoma 4wd has the relocated filter setup and uses the longer filter.

Most of the time when I work on one - it always has the short filter on it.

I don't think any "quick lube" type of places stock the long ones anymore.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Where are you finding that listing for two filters? Who's the source? I'll bet it's not a GM source.

O'Reilly Auto Parts -- they're the only source that lists the dimensions of the filters in such great detail.

Originally Posted By: Delta
If I recall correctly the 4wd models had the filter relocation to the front of the truck and took the longer PF52. 2wd models used the shorter PF47 on the block. I might be totally wrong on this. Friends '99 Sonoma 4wd has the relocated filter setup and uses the longer filter.

I do believe you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back