powerball

Status
Not open for further replies.
so who else threw some money at the dismal odds of winning the powerball? of course i did, I do most weeks to be honest. why not, its only a few bucks

I probably will on the way home. The worst that can happen is I am out a couple dollars. Just think of the oil stash one of us could have if we won.

Your odds are tiny, admitted, but infinitely more than the ones who didn't buy a ticket.

It's stupid that they let the jackpot get that high. It shouldn't get any higher than 50 mil.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Your odds are tiny, admitted, but infinitely more than the ones who didn't buy a ticket.

Well why sugar coat it. It's one in 292,201,338.00. Your overall odds of winning any powerball prize is about 1 in 25.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Shannow do you guys have a state lotto down in Australia?

Yep...more than that, have a look here.
https://thelott.com/

Note that there USED to be state lotteries in each state, run by the State Lottery Office.

They privatised the lotteries (earned them $1B which was less than three years takings) some years ago.

I bought one ticket for tonight's drawing.

I bought a ticket and hopefully I'll win.
smile.gif

When it gets really high a pool is usually started at work, I put in not expecting to win but just that if they do I don't want to be the only chump who has to keep working there.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
When it gets really high a pool is usually started at work, I put in not expecting to win but just that if they do I don't want to be the only chump who has to keep working there.

Same with me. Although if I did win, I would have a lot of fun not telling anyone then once everything was sorted out randomly show up to work in new cars.

You don’t have to hit the jackpot to win big. When the jackpot gets this big, your chances of winning something increase. Someone will win. Personally, I wouldn’t care to win the jackpot. Too many problems. I would be just as content with a couple hundred thousand. If a working man can pay off a house and a few other debts, life is good.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Same with me. Although if I did win, I would have a lot of fun not telling anyone then once everything was sorted out randomly show up to work in new cars.

I have never bought a ticket. But thats the thing, if i did and won, i would want to be anonymous, i would not want even my extended family to know.

If anyone is supervising a bunch of people who have an office pool, my advice is to get in on it, lest you need to hire 17-23 people all at once when your employees all quit at once.

Quote:

Although if I did win, I would have a lot of fun not telling anyone then once everything was sorted out randomly show up to work in new cars.

Unfortunately plastering your face across the media is part of the deal if you want the $$$

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have never bought a ticket. But thats the thing, if i did and won, i would want to be anonymous, i would not want even my extended family to know.

Some states, like California, let you claim anonymously. I would rather enjoy meeting all my new friends and family members who would come out of the woodwork right away.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Personally, I wouldn’t care to win the jackpot. Too many problems. I would be just as content with a couple hundred thousand. If a working man can pay off a house and a few other debts, life is good.

That's how I feel about it to. No desire to have 600 million dollars.

If I won that kind of money I would remain anonymous, and get a law firm to distribute much of it to my relatives and friends but even keeping it anonymous from them as to who actually hit. They would each receive a letter explaining that someone who wishes to remain anonymous has hit the lottery, and wishes to see to it that you receive the enclosed check without disclosing who they are.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
so who else threw some money at the dismal odds of winning the powerball? of course i did, I do most weeks to be honest. why not, its only a few bucks

If you spend $15 per month for 50yrs on lottery thats $9000. Take $15 a month and put it in a mutual fund or index fund for 50yrs and you would have grown $9000 to about $150,000 dollars from a $15 a month investment. This is the reason I dont play the lotto. Ive known people who spend $100 a month in lotto. Take that $100 per month into the above senario and after 50yrs you will have over $1,000,000. Get rich quick rarely works!

Put that extra $15-20 a month in your 401k or IRA and thank me when you retire!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
If I won that kind of money I would remain anonymous, and get a law firm to distribute much of it to my relatives and friends but even keeping it anonymous from them as to who actually hit. They would each receive a letter explaining that someone who wishes to remain anonymous has hit the lottery, and wishes to see to it that you receive the enclosed check without disclosing who they are.

Some states do not allow you to remain anonymous. Your name and city residence must be made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back