Wireless -N driver needs further instalation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on one of my Pc's that i just upgraded to W10 looking in device manager the wireless adapter shows a question mark and says.. "needs further installation/The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28 )".. do i need to uninstall and let windows reinstall it? what happened here? No hardware or nothing was changed, I noticed it after the up grade.

I should add everything does work fine no issues just stumped what's going on.

Originally Posted By: daman
Why would I have too tho??

To ensure that your device functions to the best of its potential. Generic Windows drivers are just that - generic.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

To ensure that your device functions to the best of its potential. Generic Windows drivers are just that - generic.

I know why I have to, I'm asking because everything was fine before the update. Is this something maybe the W10 update would have installed?

Download and install a wireless driver from Intel's website.

This.

I know why I have to, I'm asking because everything was fine before the update. Is this something maybe the W10 update would have installed?

Yes, it's quite possible it borked your driver install.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yes, it's quite possible it borked your driver install.

K, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back