Use and Abuse on a Ruger 22/45

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT8

I bought a blue Ruger 22/45 In the year 2000 I probably average 5,000 rounds a year . Last year I totally stripped it and found a few broken parts It still ran fine and made a list of the parts needed and called Ruger to order them and the rep said no charge it is warranty!!! I put it together and used it as usual. Yesterday I went shooting and started having problems . Probably due to the Winchester 333 packs as I re ran the ammo that didnt fire and they still didn't fire. . Since it has been a year and probably around 5,000 rounds. I took it apart it was as expected filthy ,I only clean it when it gives me trouble. There were no broken parts. This is by far my favorite "gun" I have ever owned. Clean is nice.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
nice to hear!

My favorite is my S&W ar-15/22 rifle.

I LOVE my S&W Ar 15-22

By far the nicest shooting rifle I have, and one of the most enjoyable and accurate guns (with iron sights)I have ever fired. Of course a lot of people laugh at it but I target shoot for enjoyment, and I am not buying certain guns to compensate for anything. I have had people tell me for xxx.xx more I could have bought a real AR in .223 or whatever, but I dont care I get a lot more enjoyment shooting my little plinker than a "real" AR. Plus its a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot.

Its an amazing rifle, that's for sure.

Last edited:
I bought a CMMG dedicated upper for regular AR 5 years ago and havent used the 5.56 upper since , the 22lr is so sweet to shoot !

Originally Posted By: CT8
made a list of the parts needed and called Ruger to order them and the rep said no charge it is warranty!!!

Ruger customer service is top shelf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back