EBC Greenstuff prem vs Stop Tech Z23's for an F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used EBC's on my bikes and love them; although I've never used them on cars/trucks.
I have also used Stop Tech Z23's on a car.

comments on either for an F150?

Last edited:
I have the EBC Ultimax "Blackstuff" pads and the Wagner E-coated rotors on my car, and they have been fantastic. Quality OE replacement pads with no problems.

The Greenstuff 6000 is supposed to be good for a light truck/SUV pad, depending on how you use the truck, like actually using it like a truck, severe service, etc. Otherwise, save a little money and just get the Blackstuff.

EBC's rotors are also good stuff, too. I would've used them, but they weren't available at the time I needed them. Other good rotors include Wagner E-shield and Centric Premium. Coated rotors are awesome and really do help stop the rust! Beware that some coatings are better than others, but the Wagner and Centric ones are good
smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback!
I actually meant PowerStop not stop tech, but hey.

I will look into the blackstuff

Last edited:
PowerStop, or Centric are just fine for daily driver, not drilled, or slotted. I have used atleast 50 sets, never a problem, not once. buy the whole package, rotor/pad combo.

Drilled have a tendency to crack thru the holes. Slots take a bite off the pad as the rotor turns with every slot to keep the pad warmed up, they wear out fast, you don't need that for daily driver.

EBC's are awesome, they are the only pad rotor combo I have ever used on any of my bikes be it street, dirt, or roadrace bike, hence my screen name. No motorcycle rider/racer has anything bad to say about EBC! Except the price! Cost more than brakes for a car or truck.

My sister had a Camry I installed EBC Ultimax 2 pads on and they were great. Very good initial pedal feel. Most transformative brake pads I've ever installed and I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer before becoming a semi mechanic. Summit racing has the full line.

Avoid powerstop.
Their warranty and customer service are non existent.
I have them front and rear again but this is the last time.

What year?
With that being said, I have a full powerstop kit for sale
KC1950-36
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Stop-KC1950-36-Truck-Calipers/dp/B00KT5DJ36
$200 includes shipping.

Power Stop brake kits include a complete set of cross-drilled and slotted rotors, red powder coated brake calipers, and Z36 extreme performance Carbon-Fiber Infused ceramic pads.

Last edited:
I purchased a powerstop brake kit for a toyota, and it came with two dollar chinese aimco rotors.

The powerstop pads also came without hardware that was included on other brands of pads.

I would not recommend them either.

Contrary to what was posted earlier, slotted rotors do not take any bites out of a pad during operation. They were originally designed to allow off gassing that is not much of an issue in normal street cars/trucks. They also do nothing to warm the pad. They do remove crusty deposits that form on the edges of some pad formulas and may help squealing by doing so.

Drilled rotors are bling only, you should only run them for looks or on vehicles with excess braking capacity. A rotor is a heat sink and removing mass is never helpful in any heavy usage. Never seen any crack on the street except for hairlines, but have seen them literally break on the track!

Brake pads are like ice cream, there's a MILLION flavors. And Stop Tech is a great source, too. Lots of good white papers there for real braking info from a company that does continuous research and development of High Performance brakes : http://www.stoptech.com/

Last edited:
Have you tried the Centric HD pads for your Truck?

I have used them in the past, great pads and affordable.

Only Downside is dust. But you cant have it all.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back