NAPA 1516 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its actually a WIX but identical to the NAPA gold. Ordered a few WIX from Rock Auto and mixed them up with the NAPAS I had in stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
It's pretty wavy.

Yeah I'm not liking that.

Wavy pleats doesn't hurt anything. If it tears, then yeah ... not good.

kinda wavy for only 5k, especially considering you used PP. Next time, try the WIx XP or Napa Platinum
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Next time, try the WIx XP or Napa Platinum
smile.gif

Yeah, it's looking like the only way to avoid wavy pleats anymore is to go full wire backed synthetic.

“No reason “
Suit yourself. I use what is specified for a particular vehicle. Why try to outsmart the engineering team that matched a particular part to a particular vehicle?

Look ok to me, and like it did it's job. I don't concern myself with some wave which is purely aesthetic and has no effect on function. Even the lauded made in Austria Mahle spin on linked HERE showed wavy pleating on dissection.

As for using the longer filter application, your vehicle, your call. Where space permits I always use and would use the 7317, 4386 filter applications in place of the 6607, 4967 respectively. Also same specs, just somewhat longer and more media area.

Thanks for c&p.

Yep, as they say, and the filter oversize guys slogan: "Go big or go home".
grin2.gif

I agree, as long as the oversize filter has the same specs as the original filter, and the extra size doesn't interfere with anything underhood, it is safe to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back